Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Utah Valley University
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
We are Utah Valley University (UVU) - the largest student enrollment among public universities in the state of Utah, with approximately 40,000 students. The Utah Valley University office of Prospective Student Services acts as the frontline resource for future students who are considering attending UVU. We are passionate about creating great experiences that help students navigate the often complex and daunting college selection process.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Admissions Counselor position is meant for the well-organized and creative multi-tasker, time-manager, problem solver, and "people person" who works with a sense of urgency in the recruitment of potential students to gain access to a college education. Specifically, this position will:
- Act as a key contributor to the recruitment, admission, and enrollment of people identified as potential prospects for the university.
- Organize and coordinate outreach and on-campus recruitment events within an assigned territory inside and outside the state of Utah.
- Build solid relationships with prospective students, their families, the community, and secondary school counselors. Advise them on the college selection process.
- Contribute to a team culture focused on personal ownership, trust, good conflict and exceptional results.
- Work closely with student Ambassadors to establish effective relationships in the high schools and beyond. Mentor Ambassadors through professional development opportunities.
The position is based out of UVU's main campus in Orem, Utah. Some evening and weekend work required. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience totaling four years.
Valid drivers license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of Utah Valley University admissions process.
* Knowledge of higher education recruitment practices.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, both oral and written.
* Engaging personality, friendliness, enthusiasm, sense of humor, positive attitude, persistence, and passion for the work.
* Well-organized, accurate, effective, and creative multi-tasker, time-manager, problem solver, and "people person" who is also customer service-oriented and pays attention to detail, is able to prioritize and manage complex projects and priorities and works with a sense of urgency.
* Ability to present clear and accurate information to small and large groups of various populations.
* Ability to effectively work with diverse constituencies in a large, fast-paced, professional work environment.
* Ability to represent the University in a professional and positive manner at all recruitment and recruitment related functions.
One year of experience directly related to the Summary of Duties. Familiarity with specific applications used by the University and the Office of Admissions (Banner and Recruit).
General office environment with ability to travel to on and off campus sites. Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $35,568 - $44,460
Advertisement Number: STA161022
Open Date: 08/01/2022
Review Start Date: 08/08/2022
Close Date: 8/14/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the "Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/29704
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |