The Executive Director for Undergraduate Education and Senior Advising Official will support the Assistant Vice President for Academic Success, particularly in areas related to undergraduate education. Additional areas of responsibility include oversight of undergraduate policies and catalog policies as well as oversight of the Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships and its subunits (which include First Year Student Success, Advisor Support and Completion Initiatives, and Transfer Initiatives). The Executive Director will provide campus-wide leadership for the undergraduate academic advising programs; manage the University-wide Advising Commission (which includes representatives from Academic Affairs, SEES, Athletics, Online, RHECs); and supervise professional development activities for professional and faculty academic advisors across all academic colleges and advising-related units. The Executive Director will also handle academic complaints by undergraduate students.
Position Type: FullTime
Type of Recruitment: General Public
- Master’s degree in higher education – related area
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact with a wide range of people on and off campus.
- Demonstrated Administrative and supervisory ability.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills in order to coordinate various publications.
- Good writing skills.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Considerable technical knowledge of web browsers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve technical issues.
- Considerable experience in higher education administration, preferably in Academic Affairs.
- Considerable experience with advising, curriculum, and Catalog review and production.
- Considerable supervisory experience. Considerable prior administrative experience.