The University at Buffalo Division of Athletics invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations. Serving on the executive team, the incumbent will report to the Vice President and Director of Athletics. The incumbent will provide leadership over budget and financial management, while providing guidance to internal units within the division and sports programs that they will oversee.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong financial acumen, attention to detail, be a self-starter and show a commitment to continuous quality improvement, and innovation. In addition, a commitment to effective communication, integrity, transparency, and confidentiality is an expectation for this position. The incumbent will work with a diverse university community that share the athletics’ vision while meeting goals and expectations.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Oversee the $32M intercollegiate athletics budget through supervision and maintenance of financial accounts.
- Sport oversight of Division I Athletic team.
- As a member of the Athletics’ executive team, the incumbent will represent the initiatives and plans on behalf of Athletics to university centralized services to ensure the Athletics’ and University’s vision are practiced and in alignment.
- Oversee the planning and influencing HR activities related to the Athletics workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, and compensation planning.
- Coordinate Athletics’ facility capital projects.
- Oversee reporting requirements (NCAA Agreed Upon Procedures, EADA, etc.).
- Integrate and implement financial strategies for the Athletics’ initiatives and forecast future revenue and expenditures.
- Monitor compliance for all State, University, Division of Athletics, Conference and NCAA policies and procedures related to business operations.
- Develop and implement departmental policies.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
UB Athletics is committed to hiring and developing staff in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our student-athletes and staff. The Bulls compete at the NCAA D1 – FBS level in the Mid-American Conference. UB sponsors 16 varsity sports programs. During the last five years, UB has won 12 MAC Regular Season and Tournament Championships, participated in 10 NCAA Tournament Championships, and has recorded consecutive semesters of a student-athlete GPA above 3.0.
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Preference for degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Sport Administration or Management.
· Relevant experience in Intercollegiate Athletics department, business or financial management.
· Thorough knowledge of basic account procedures with an aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
· Knowledge of NCAA regulations required.
· Database and work processing skills, strong communication and organizational skills mandatory.
· Key attributes include accountability and judgment, communication, collaboration, leadership, and strategic thinking. The highest standards for personal and professional excellence and unquestionable integrity are a must.