Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director for Latinx Initiatives
Old Dominion University
The Assistant Director for Latinx Initiatives position at Old Dominion University is dedicated to enhancing an inclusive campus environment that supports the achievements of Latinx students and aligns with the Office of Intercultural Relations’ commitment to fostering campus interculturalization. This role involves developing and implementing impactful programs and initiatives that address the unique needs, challenges, and successes of Latinx students throughout their academic journey. While the primary focus remains on serving Latinx students, the Assistant Director will also actively contribute to supporting all ODU students, raising awareness, and fostering an understanding of the diverse experiences within the campus community, with a particular emphasis on the Latinx student community. Through cultivating a sense of belonging, promoting academic excellence, and facilitating opportunities for personal and professional growth, the Assistant Director for Latinx Initiatives plays a vital role in strengthening the university’s commitment to inclusivity and the overall achievement of the student population.
Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration or Leadership, Student Affairs/Student Development, or another related field; or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with professional experience in a student services program area that equates to a master’s degree.
- Considerable knowledge of issues relating to historically underrepresented and marginalized communities, specifically the Latinx student community.
- Considerable knowledge of the theory and practice of diversity and inclusion, cultural awareness, and student development within the context of racial and ethnic identities as they apply within higher education.
- Some knowledge of training, conflict resolution, and mediation methods.
- Strong commitment to creating an inclusive community and fostering a sense of belonging for the Latinx and intercultural student populations, along with a commitment to promoting campus interculturalization and supporting student retention and success on campus.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in building partnerships with university and community constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and provide cultural competency training and workshops.
- Ability to establish program priorities; monitor progress toward achieving program goals, and conduct assessments to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Ability to work effectively with globally diverse groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to provide direction in promoting and maintaining collaborative relationships with campus and external constituencies.
- Considerable experience working effectively with globally diverse student populations, while utilizing student development tenets in a manner consistent with the position’s responsibilities.
- Considerable experience advising students and student organizations.
- Demonstrated success in developing programs and services that promote retention and provide support for students who are underserved, historically underrepresented, and/or marginalized.
- Considerable progressively responsible experience within student or multicultural affairs at a public or private institution of higher learnin
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |