Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Strategic Academic Communications & Marketing
Old Dominion University
The Director of Strategic Academic Communications and Marketing is responsible for strategic communication across ODU’s colleges to their key audiences, including current students, prospective students, faculty, community/business leaders, and alumni. This position establishes service levels for college communications; integrates college efforts with the university’s communications strategy; and surfaces important academic successes, opportunities, and research to other University Communications team members for inclusion in university-level stories and channels (social media, video, marketing, university news).
Master’s degree with an emphasis in communications, marketing, journalism or related field. Or a BA/BS degree with an emphasis in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field with work experience equivalent to a master’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated creativity, invention, imagination, originality and talent in branding, digital marketing, message development and strategic marketing.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to identify short- and long-range goals and contribute to effective and measurable outcomes.
- Some experience executing integrated communication efforts for a complex, multifaceted organization.
- Some experience in a variety of integrated marketing and communication mediums with the ability to plan, manage, produce and direct comprehensive strategies that incorporate print, digital and video communication to lead brand and brand messaging.
- Considerable experience working in highly collaborative environments requiring interpersonal communication competence, initiative, active listening, and emotional intelligence.
- Considerable experience in coordinating and developing communications across a variety of marketing channels.
- An-depth understanding of best practices in content development and delivery.
- Expertise in a variety of integrated marketing and communication mediums with the ability to plan, manage, produce and direct comprehensive strategies that incorporate print, digital and video communication to lead brand and brand messaging.
- Some experience in all aspects of public communications including, strategy, planning, project management, editing, and publishing.
- Considerable experience executing integrated communication efforts for a complex, multifaceted organization.
- Considerable experience in message development, visual branding, journey mapping and audience identification and segmentation.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |