The Division of Student Affairs is responsible for the intellectual, social, and holistic development of Tufts students outside of the classroom and works closely with staff and faculty to create a unique and powerful experience for the entire student body.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position expected to be on campus 50 percent of the time and otherwise remote, except during events or parts of the academic calendar that require this position to be fully in-person.
The Assistant Director Student Affairs, Orientation & First Year Experience plays a key role in the design, development and implementation of new student orientation and first year programs which contribute to the mission of Tufts University and enhance campus life with an emphasis on civic engagement, restorative justice and anti-racist programming.
- Hires and oversees student orientation coordinators and a graduate intern.
- Advises and participates on orientation planning committees and collaborates with campus partners and student organizations to enhance orientation and first year programs.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years related work experience.
- Master's degree or working towards the completion of MS.
- At least 1 years of full-time work experience in orientation, new student programming, student activities or a related field preferred; experience should be in role that directly oversaw or implemented orientation and/or 1st year programs congruent to the job description.
- Strong skillset related to advising and supervising students
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills
- Understanding of and commitment to issues of college student development
- Demonstrated leadership, advisory, organization, and management skills.
- Experience developing or creating programs focused on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.