Associate Registrar/Executive Assistant to the Dean
Bryant University-BITZH (familiarly known as Bryant Zhuhai) is seeking an Associate Registrar/Executive Assistant to the Dean of Academics.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the Dean of Academics and is accountable for the effective administration of academic services for all Bryant University degree programs at Bryant Zhuhai with specific responsibility to manage all registration services for undergraduate students, maintain master class schedules, coordinate room schedules and facilities for all academic programs; and oversee the day-to-day management of student academic records. The incumbent works closely with the Registrar at Bryant University’s main campus in Smithfield, Rhode Island, who serves as the Program’s official certifying officer. The incumbent collaborates with the Dean of Academics at Bryant Zhuhai and Academic Affairs colleagues (Provost, Deans, Registrar) at Bryant’s main campus, relative to curriculum development and management, as well as academic policies and procedures. This position serves as administrative liaison to faculty on all matters related to course offerings and faculty schedules and is expected to oversee academic advising to Bryant Zhuhai undergraduate students.
QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING: This position is best filled by an individual with Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a relevant field; six or more years of experience in higher education with demonstrated experience in administration of academic programs, an in-depth knowledge of higher education programs, curriculum development, and policies and procedures. Strict confidentiality with regard to record-keeping and management is essential. Substantial experience with integrated data base and computer information systems is required to coordinate the effective utilization of the administrative and Web applications and make recommendations for future technological applications which will improve services. Strong loyalty, managerial, and organizational skills are required to effectively manage the registration process and associated electronic student information systems. Highly developed interpersonal skills are required to develop and maintain positive relationships with administrators, deans, faculty, students, and staff. Knowledge of American Registrar system and American Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Mandarin desirable, but not essential. Applicants with experience living and working internationally, particularly in China, is desirable. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
1. Support the Bryant Zhuhai Dean of Academics and the Bryant Smithfield Registrar in developing a master schedule for undergraduate fall, winter, spring and summer semesters; and coordinates with faculty and Beijing Institute of Technology Zhuhai (BITZH) administration regarding appropriate classroom assignments and equipment.
2. Effectively plan, manage and schedule all registration services, including registration, grading, and add/drop processing services for undergraduate, which includes, scheduling events, and developing materials and information to facilitate the registration process for new and continuing students.
3. Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of the program’s undergraduate curriculum, in order to serve as a resource to the Dean of Academics, faculty/staff, and an academic advisor to undergraduate students.
4. Maintain all program student records and work collaboratively with the Registrar, Bryant Smithfield who serves as the University’s official certifying officer.
5. Oversee three or more Bryant Zhuhai administrative staff including the Academic Advisor, Academic Records Coordinator, and Assistant to the Associate Registrar.
6. Coordinates with the Registrar, Bryant Smithfield on with the preparation of the official undergraduate graduation list, and serves and works collaboratively with other University departments at Bryant Smithfield and Bryant Zhuhai to coordinate graduation and commencement activities
7. The incumbent is responsible for data integrity; generating and reviewing consistency of standard reports; training; maintaining data confidentiality; and reviewing and approving ad hoc report requests. Coordinates with academic registration officials at BITZH and Bryant Smithfield regarding data integrity and data standards policies and procedures. Serves as the systems liaison for Blackboard, e-mail, and program e-resources.
8. Special Projects: The Registrar provides research and analytical support for the department’s assessment activities, including assisting with the preparation of all records and related reports associated with accreditation self-study and visitations. Actively participate on assigned committees and special projects regarding undergraduate programs an accreditation, providing necessary research and analysis support.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates please submit a curriculum vitae/resume and cover letter, including contact information and three references to Bryant Zhuhai Human Resources email@example.com. (Reference Associate Registrar in the subject line.)