Director of Creative Services
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Director of Creative Services to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by managing the university’s brand. They will oversee all marketing materials, communications, apparel, and promotional items to ensure they are within the university’s brand guidelines. This position also serves as project manager for design projects including the creation of logos and graphics, digital and print ads, printed pieces, displays, apparel, and promotional items, as well as mailings. This position also serves as editor of the university magazine. The position manages outside vendors as needed for each project.
This position needs to be able to manage multiple projects, often with tight deadlines, and interact with faculty, staff, and students, as well as outside vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Manage the university’s brand identity and athletic brads, e.g. Knights Athletics and Ancilla Chargers.
- Manage the univetsity online branding hub and toolkit.
- Act a direct supervisor to Manager of Content Development, assign content development tasks to compliment project requests from internal customers.
- Coordinate all design and printing projects, as well as mailings as needed.
- Coordinate photography and videograpy shoots for marketing campaigns.
- Organizes university magazine structure, content, photos, and graphics, and handles production and mailing twice a year.
- Assists with design reviews of all apparel and promotional items, publications and communications developed by others outside the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Maintains university’s visual identity guidelines, style guide, licensed vendor listing, and apparel and promotional item policy.
- Participate in meetings within the Office of Marketing Communications and other campus entities as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the executive director of the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, public relations, communications, or design; plus five years of experience in a similar position.
- Minimum of one year of management experience.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Graphic design experience preferred, but not required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, equipment, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.