Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director - Graduate Programs
Utah Valley University
Director - Graduate Programs
: Staff - Full-Time
The MBA Program Director will oversee the day to day operations of the MBA Program and possibly new certificate or stackable certificate programs. Overseeing a team of employees and working with the MBA Placement Team to create positive relationships with companies who might recruit MBA candidates as employees or provide financial support in any form to employees interested in the MBA program. In addition, the MBA Program Director will work closely with the Associate Dean to assure the effective delivery of programs. The successful candidate will be expected to network with regional companies to recruit students, place graduates, secure graduate projects and assure relevance of the Woodbury School's graduate programs. The MBA Program Director evaluates each MBA candidate, organizes a student advisory council which meets twice annually, performs employee evaluations, communicates regularly with students and MBA faculty, organizes student groups participating in the MBA International Engagement trips, and is the chief marketing officer for the MBA Program.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in a related discipline plus three years of staff level experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques.
- Knowledge of community network creation.
- Knowledge of moderate budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of university recruiting techniques, procedures, programs and methods.
- Knowledge of career planning and internship services. Superior interpersonal skills, team management skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Skills in financial management, supervisory skills, and excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and speaking).
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop community networks through involvement in business related advisory boards, chambers, etc.
- Ability to motivate and oversee a team of employees to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours and work with a diverse faculty.
- Ability to build relationships with regional organizations and internal university administration.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of students and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of organizations.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and multi-task.
- Ability to train employees and build positive team dynamics. Must be self motivated.
MBA Degree from an accredited institution.
2-5 years of recruitment or enrollment management experience preferred.
Sitting, particularly for extended periods of time. Standing, particularly for extended periods of time. Will occasionally be required to reach, push, pull, and lift objects up to 20 pounds. Will frequently be required to walk about and use fine hand manipulation. Will consistently be required to talk, hear, and see.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$66,182 - $82,728
STA197318 Woodbury School of Business Staff 10/31/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/15795
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |