The Assistant Director of Admissions is charged with identifying, developing and securing candidates in both quantity and quality for the (PMBA/EMBA) graduate programs within the School of Management.
The Assistant Director of Admissions will report to the Director of Admissions, and work on a daily basis with teams including but not limited to:
- Office of Strategic Marketing and Enrollment Management team for Marketing, Admissions and Student Services
- School of Management Faculty, Professional Staff, Student Staff including the EMBA/PMBA Program Office
- UB Graduate School, UB VP Enrollment Management, ISS, International Admissions
- Other Graduate or Professional offices on campus
The primary location for the position will be the UB School of Management. Hours will be approximately 37.5 hours per week, typically across regular business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm). This role is approximately 50% travel (local Western New York, New York State, possibly Canada). Specific event participation and/or support will occasionally be required for Saturday, off-usual business hours and/or off-campus locations.
About the School of Management:
The profile and stature of the UB School of Management is on the rise. The school has been ranked by the Financial Times, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report, and The Wall Street Journal for the quality of its programs and the return on investment it provides its graduates. Along with healthcare and entrepreneurship, the UB School of Management has identified leadership as a strategic priority. The School’s Center for Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness (http://mgt.buffalo.edu/faculty /academic/resources/cloe) serves to advance synergies between research and practice in organizational leadership through conferences and other events, leadership and organizational development programs, and connecting faculty and PhD students to organizations and executives in ways that advance both scholarship and application. The UB School of Management is recognized for its emphasis on real-world learning, community and economic impact, and the global perspective of its faculty, students and alumni. For more information about the UB School of Management, visit http://mgt.buffalo.edu/about/mission-vision.html.
Outstanding Benefits Package:
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Basic requirements for the position are:
- Two years relevant work experience in Business, Higher Education or related field
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Higher Education or related field
- Experience using CRM systems for candidate tracking and relationship development
- Strong sales focus, with the ability to progress candidates through the pipeline from inquiry to enrollment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, approachable and able to connect with others
- Excellent communicator, with outstanding oral, written and presentation skills, team and collaboration skills, and able to work with a variety of stakeholders, including prospective and current students or alumni, administrative and academic departments.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to read enrollment and market data for potential recruiting opportunities
- Business acumen, ethical behavior, problem-solving with minimal direction, ability to deliver high quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to quickly learn and use University and external support sources.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong customer-focus
In addition to the required skills, the ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Five or more years of relevant work experience in Business, Higher Education or related field
- Master’s in Business, Higher Education or related field
- Higher Education Student Services and/or Admissions and/or Marketing and/or Communications experience and/or management is not required but is a plus
- Functional proficiency in Slate Technolutions CRM is not required but is a plus