Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation for Aquatics and Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
Stevens Institute of Technology
Job Title: Assistant Director of Campus Recreation for Aquatics and Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Department: Athletic Department
Reports to: Director of Campus Recreation and Head Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
The Assistant Director of Campus Recreation for Aquatics and Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach reports directly to the Director of Campus Recreation and Head Men and Women’s Swimming Coach. The purpose of the position is to supervise the day-to-day operations, services, and safety of the Stevens Institute of Technology pool facilities, as well as to oversee and implement all aquatic related programs, staff, services, and events. The Aquatics Coordinator will coordinate regularly with the Director of Campus Recreation and the Director of Athletics to manage safety, risk, and operation of the aquatic facilities. The position also assists the Head Men and Women’s Swimming Coach through a variety of duties including recruiting, on deck instruction during practices and meets, and supporting the overall campus experience of our student-athletes.
Staff & Student Development
- Hire, train, develop, schedule, supervise, and evaluate part-time federal work study and non-work study student staff, which includes lifeguards, swim instructors, and lifeguard instructors.
- Conduct monthly staff in-services training.
- Ability to cover instructor and lifeguard shifts and find substitute when needed in on-call and emergency situations.
- Supervise and approve payroll for all aquatics employees through Workday.
- Evaluate and assess aquatic programs, staff, and facilities.
- Coordinate, implement, and supervise revenue generating aquatic programs including group and private youth and adult swimming lessons, masters swimming, and lap swimming (based on program availability).
- Educate and research all current trends in aquatics programming, facilities, and staffing.
- Market, promote, and evaluate all aquatics programs and events.
- Communicate and coordinate varsity athletics swim program pool usage and regulations and collaborate/assist varsity swim team head coach.
- Manage assigned budgetary requirements.
- Manage the Mindbody app as it relates to aquatics reservations.
- Complete annual comprehensive analytical and statistical reports regarding aquatic facility usage, certifications, and programs.
Risk and Emergency Management
- Review, evaluate, develop, and enforce policies and procedures for aquatic facilities.
- Create, implement, and enforce a risk management plan for pool.
- Develop, coordinate, and review campus recreation facility emergency procedures and action plans as they relate to Aquatics.
- Ensure that all aquatics staff are trained with current certifications in American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, AED, and blood borne pathogen training.
- Coordinate and implement all university emergency procedures.
- Maintain and update all required certifications for aquatics employees.
- Oversee aquatics injury reporting database and directly communicate with the Director of Campus Recreation.
- Inspect, evaluate, and troubleshoot pool areas daily and maintain water quality of the facility.
- Write inspection reports on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare necessary documentation to meet or exceed federal, state, and county requirements/codes.
- Maintain both digital and hard copy log of chemical levels for the pool.
- Coordinate the purchase, inventory, and maintenance of aquatic equipment and supplies.
- Respond and react to on-call situations and be available to take necessary actions with aquatic facility emergencies.
- Oversee the daily management of the pool facility.
- Responsible for obtaining, educating, and researching information on all aquatics equipment, instruments, mechanical systems, materials, and supplies and implement effective utilization.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating with pool vendors to ensure high quality maintenance of the pool to include chemical levels and balancing, pool cleanliness, deck cleanliness, and other issues pertaining to pool operations and patron safety.
- Assist in coordinating and corresponding with Stevens Facility Operations and Physical Plant and contracted vendors regarding on-going aquatic facility projects, renovations, and maintenance.
- Create an environment that promotes and facilitates student learning and development.
- Provide superior customer service to all campus recreation patrons.
- Participate in the student development program including new employee orientation, the annual employee training program, and ongoing training sessions and in-services.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Participate in other Athletic Department initiatives, programs, and committees as required.
- Assist in the overall operation of the department by providing input and completing assigned projects, annual goals and objectives, and annual reports.
- Coaching on deck for both practices and competitions. Write and plan workouts for specific training groups.
- Recruitment of prospective student-athletes through conducting on-campus visits, email, phone, and running on campus recruiting events.
- Coordinate all social media as well as produce the alumni newsletter and parent outreach.
- Assist in formulating team lineups and other planning for meets.
- Master’s Degree is preferred in Recreation, Exercise Science, Sports Management, Student Personnel, Student Affairs, or related field and two years of professional experience.
- Experience in supervising aquatics and student staff in collegiate recreation.
- Experience in risk management, safety, and emergency management.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early morning, evening, weekends, and holiday work hours.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification required; Instructor certification preferred.
- Lifeguard Instructor certification through the American Red Cross preferred.
- Water Safety Instructor certification through the American Red Cross preferred.
- Membership in the National Intramural Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) preferred or willing to obtain.
- Certified Pool Operator license preferred or willing to obtain.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |