The Assistant Director for Communications is the key liaison to the media for Women’s Basketball that took part of last season’s sweet 16 as well as 1-2 other Olympic sports.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Develop and write press releases as well as game programs and work with local and national media for assigned athletic programs.
- Generating feature content, video and other unique coverage for UBBulls.com, the official website of UB Athletics.
- Facilitate Bulls social media outlets.
- Conceive and create infographics in conjunction with other communications graphic artists and staffers.
- Compiling statistics, researching historical records for UB department of athletics publications and assisting the media relations staff with additional duties.
- Facilitating and supervising statistical crews and other event support personnel.
The University at Buffalo is the largest university in the state system of New York. This flagship institution has more than 230,000 alumni world-wide and is an AAU member. Ranked 51st among all public universities in the United States, UB professional schools such as Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Business, Pharmacy and Engineering are ranked in the top 100. With an aggressive plan in UB 2020, the entire university, including the Department of Athletics has immeasurable potential.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree. One year of experience in sports information, public relations or communications. An ability to relate well to others and an understanding of basic principles of communications and public relations is required. Knowledge of Basketball, Soccer and Softball rules and statistics. Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite as well as Statcrew Statistical Software.
Salary Range $41,815
Campus As Assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is a background check required for this posting? Yes
Background Check Notification For non-internal applicants: a selected candidate will have to complete and pass a background check prior to appointment.
Contact’s Name Heather Cooper
Contact’s Title Director of Human Resources
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-3842