Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Associate Director will effectively manage mutually beneficial relationships between the University and foundations, and increase the number and quality of proposals in support of key institutional initiatives.
- Working closely with the Director, assist in the development of strategies for foundation engagement -- at the local, national and international levels.
- Research and maintain up-to-date information on foundations; prepare foundation profiles, as required.
- Help maintain funding opportunity listings and promote opportunities across campus.
- Research, build, and manage an active portfolio of foundation prospects, and document foundation interactions (contact reports and related reporting) in Salesforce.
- Create compelling and competitive proposals through engagement in productive interactions with faculty, senior administrators, and colleagues.
- Conduct new faculty training and other outreach activities.
- Assist faculty and staff with review and submission of their proposals to foundations.
- Work with Donor Relations and Stewardship to effectively steward foundation donors.
- Coordinate Advancement Communications on content for news releases, press announcements, and/or feature stories and profiles regarding significant foundation gifts and grants.
- Maintain web content for Foundation & Corporate Philanthropy.
- Assist in coordinating foundation visits, which may include senior academic, administrative, and volunteer leaders.
- The Associate Director is the designee on foundation matters for the Director in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of foundations.
- A minimum of four years proposal writing experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong project management skills; ability to meet tight, and sometime concurrent, deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Self-motivation with the ability to be productive without close supervision.
- Willingness to travel, and work on weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Adobe, Power Point, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director_R0000233
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |