Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you high energy, organized, detail oriented and enjoy having a variety of different projects? The Innovation and Entrepreneurship team is seeking a dynamic Executive Administrator to join our team, reporting to the Executive Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
The Executive Administrator provides high level professional and confidential administration and event management to the Innovation and Entrepreneurship team and ensures the smooth day-to-day operation of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center. This position interacts closely with students, faculty, donors, corporate and foundation executives as well as WPI's senior leadership. The role requires expert client service, utmost discretion, and strong discernment and judgment. The ideal candidate will report to the Executive Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Serve as the receptionist for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center, greeting students, faculty, alumni and guests and creating a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, and appropriately direct inquiries.
- Work closely with the I&E team to plan and execute all logistics related to successful events sponsored by Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center.
- Work with the I&E team and Marketing department to develop and maintain the I&E centers digital presence, including social media, web site and newsletter.
- Manage the use of the I&E Center and liaison with the event coordinators, faculty members, administrators or students as necessary.
- Manage the calendar of the Executive Director. Book, manage, and reconcile travel arrangements and expenses. Thoughtfully prepare briefing materials for Executive Director's speaking, meeting and travel engagements.
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
- Contract vendors to order and maintain office supplies, and ensure equipment is in working order.
- Manage document retention system including paper and electronic filing.
- Process expense reports, P-card administration, invoices and other budgetary needs.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude, quick learner, intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint. Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong personal and professional integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion in order to comply with instructions, procedures, standards, policies, laws, and theories that are obtained within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. (Relevant work experience may be substituted for degree).
- 5-10 years - work experience required.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Executive-Administrator_R0000190
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |