Director - Prospect Development
: Staff - Full-Time
Now is the right time to join the Wolverine Pack! Utah Valley University, ranks in the top 10 America's Best Employers by State in the state of Utah.
We are seeking a Director of Prospect Development whom is an essential member of the Utah Valley University Institutional Advancement team. This opportunity will work with the Institutional Advancement team to establish new overall goals and strategies in order to increase private support to the University. Oversee and direct the prospect research team, prospect development, portfolio management, and data analysis efforts of the University. Additionally, will partner with various members of the Institutional Advancement team to implement strategic plans for research and prospect management that align with the fundraising and engagement priorities of the University.
Bachelors degree in related field plus five years of related experiences or combination
of education and experiences equal to or exceeding nine years of directly related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of prospect development methodologies, including an understanding of Utah region specific prospect research and fundraising strategies
- Knowledge of prospect research in a development office and fundraising environment
- Knowledge of prospect data analysis, data modeling, wealth indicators, and giving capacity scoring
- Knowledge of private and public company evaluations
- Knowledge of web based research, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge and extensive experience in a relational CRM database
- Knowledge of data reporting and querying
- Knowledge of portfolio management best practices and procedures
- Skills and proficiency in Excel
- Ability to be an effective supervisor and/or trainer
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work well with others
Experience in successful development prospect research in higher education or other large national nonprofit fundraising organization is strongly preferred. Research experience in capital or comprehensive campaign setting is also preferred.
Work is performed in a normal working environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$63,151 - $78,939
STA179718 Institutional Advancement Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit an example of your writing skills.
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13967
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.