Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director for Business Operations
Old Dominion University
Reporting to the Associate Director for Business Operations and serving as a mid-level professional in Housing & Residence Life, the Assistant Director for Business Operations is responsible for coordinating and administering all functions related to the day-to-day operation of the processing of housing applications, contracts, assignments, room changes and all other administrative issues surrounding residential building occupancy. As an integral member of the Housing & Residence Life team, the Assistant Director supports and assists with the supervision of assignment staff and assists the Associate Director with the overall supervision of assignment office functions.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director, the position hires, supervises, selects, and trains assignments support staff; assists in coordinating area staff meetings; works with a wide variety of campus offices to provide support services to the recruitment and retention of on-campus students; addresses individual student and parent problems; and enforces policies, procedures, and regulations.
- This position serves as a primary problem solver in day-to-day student and family concerns related to applications and assignments in Housing & Residence Life.
Master’s degree in student personnel services, student development, or a related field.
- Must communicate effectively by both written and verbal means and work with a diverse group of students, staff, university administrators, and external constituencies including parents.
- Record of collaborating with a variety of organizations on complex tasks and projects
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a student-centered philosophy
- Demonstrated competence in developing and administering policies and procedures.
- Management skills including organization of workflow, managing multiple priorities delegation, hiring, training, motivation, and performance management.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to envision and implement change
- Demonstrated record of working collaboratively with a diverse campus population and a variety of constituents in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a student housing management system, preferably StarRez
- General knowledge of data processing principles.
- Considerable amount of progressive professional experience in staff supervision, staff training, and administrative processes.
- Experience in coordinating administrative functions and managing multiple priorities simultaneously within a complex organization is required. Candidate must demonstrate experience in applying organizational, communication, and supervisory skills within a comparable organization, not-for-profit, or corporate setting.
- Successful candidates must possess a proven understanding and commitment in a diverse high-energy environment requiring the ability to juggle multiple priorities on a consistent basis.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |