The Admissions Office is responsible for oversight of the admissions process for all students entering into the MD program. This includes record keeping, supporting other offices with applicant and outcomes data, and interacting with leadership or other at Tufts who have a legitimate interest in the admissions process. The office supports the Admissions Committee made up of administrators, faculty and fourth-year MD students and manages weekly interview days, monthly committee meetings and annual trainings. The office also runs various admissions events including information sessions, recruitment events and educational programming.
What You'll Do
The Dean of Admissions functions in a leadership role within TUSM and is responsible for leading admissions and recruitment efforts that strategically produce a diverse and qualified MD student body that reflects the mission of the school and exhibits the attributes of compassion, excellence, curiosity, and humility. The Dean is the thought leader for the Office of Admissions and the leader of the Admissions Committee.
- Develops policies and procedures for the recruitment of a class of diverse, talented, compassionate MD students who will comprise the next generation of Tufts trained physicians
- Recruits members of the Admissions Committee and leads the development of equitable admissions practices including developing questions for the secondary application, interview questions for candidates, processes for evaluating academic potential, as well as personal and professional attributes that are key to the practice of medicine
- Represents Tufts Medical School to constituents from outside colleges and universities as well as amongst admissions peers from other medical schools
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through completion of an M.D. degree and a minimum of 5 years of educational experience in UME
- Demonstrated appreciation and understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Proven success working with medical school faculty, undergraduate medical students
- Previous experience leading a team of professionals
- Candidates with experience and/or faculty appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine and affiliated hospitals highly preferred
- Admissions work appreciated
Minimum $214,500.00, Midpoint $268,150.00, Maximum $321,800.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.