Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director - Student Engagement
American International University
Director – Student Engagement
American International University – Kuwait City
American International University (AIU) is a newly established University. AIU offers an American
style education, degrees, and majors, with the motive to educate and serve the people of Kuwait
as well as international students. The University provides high quality, relevant, and varied
educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all
members of its community. The University values its role as an educational leader that promotes
individual development and improves the overall quality of life in a diverse community. It offers
academic and professional programs, which lead to degrees from the associate through
baccalaureate and masters.
Serve as a senior member of the Division of Enrollment & Student Affairs. The incumbent leads
the supervision, administration, and evaluation of all student engagement services and student
activities programs, spaces, and operations, and associated personnel including athletics, personal
counseling and career services. You will also be responsible for all student discipline for nonacademic
violations and the Student Handbook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the Vice President for Enrollment & Student Affairs senior staff,
participating in discussions, decision-making, and policy making.
- Provide overall direction, leadership and evaluation of student services, staff, activities,
Athletics, Counseling, Career Services, student organizations, leadership and volunteer,
celebrations, student publications, entertainment programs, major campus events and
celebrations, weekly all campus newsletter, and traditions (New Student Orientation,
homecoming, National and Liberation Days Celebration, International Day); all programs
are intended to foster a sense of belonging and impact student success.
- Provide overall management and strategic direction for usage of student commons
facilities and student associated organization/programming spaces.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of the Athletics programs, staff and facilities.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Academic Affairs on all credit bearing athletic
- Provide supervision and evaluation of the Career Services programs and Counseling Center
programs and their staff.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of Student Activities programs and staff.
- Assign tasks/assignments to all departmental staff to ensure successful and timely
completion of all work.
- Oversee initiatives, processes, trainings and other resources that educate student leaders,
student organization participants and advisors, and the general campus population on
conduct, risk management, annual recognition, health and wellbeing, and other policies &
procedures as appropriate.
- Cultivate cross departmental and cross divisional collaborations to support programs and
facility initiatives targeted to achieve student and faculty engagement goals.
- Work closely with the University student employment program with the Career Center,
including training and evaluation of student staff, hiring department program
participation, and handbook development.
- Provide advising and/or oversee advising to student organizations and professional staff
members, effectively managing sensitive/confidential information and issues with
diplomacy and respect.
- Communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences including senior administrators,
faculty, staff, parents, students, and community members.
- Work closely with the Academic Advisors for smooth and successful integration of new
students into the University to ensure strong support for any student experiencing
- Work closely with the English Foundation Program and Testing Center to ensure full
integration of developmental services and testing function into student life and a smooth
transition for those students requiring academic development work prior to acceptance
for academic credit coursework.
- Serve as the conduct officer in all cases involving alleged violation of the non-academic
policies, including those in the Student Code of Conduct and Student’s Rights and
Responsibilities; serve as an administrative contact with the Academic Standards & Awards
Committee and with the student Hearing Board subcommittee.
- Develop, implement and assess Student Code of Conduct and Student Conduct Hearing
Board program based upon a developmental approach to discipline.
- Coordinate and oversee the publication of the University Student Handbook; maintain the
University student events calendar; work collaboratively with the Marketing and
Communications Department with Student Engagement publications and information for
the University digital signage and social media initiatives.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of
technology applications in support of associated student engagement programs and
- Analyze statistical data on student engagement for administrative use in formulating
policies; problem solve and recommend resolutions intended to enhance engagement.
- Select, train, lead, and evaluate paraprofessional and student staff; establish and monitor
employee performance objectives; prepare and present employee performance reviews;
provide and coordinate staff development
- Manage departmental budget accurately, including forecasting funds required for staffing,
equipment, materials, and supplies, monitor divisional expenditures.
- Oversee student organization accounts including training students on institutional policies
and procedures related to student organization finance.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedures manuals related to departmental programs
- Prepare and present studies, reports and analysis, including systematic effectiveness
reviews of student engagement as requested.
- Evaluate and address departmental technology, infrastructure and space needs
- Serve on a variety of committee and task forces as needed
- Represent the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Activities as required
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Coordinator of Student Engagement Programs
2. Coordinator of Athletics
4. Coordinator of Career Services
5. Administrative Assistant
1. Must possess skills to be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the
position; demonstrated knowledge and experience within all facets of the Student
2. Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively at all levels within the
University in English; must possess effective presentation skills.
3. Ability to negotiate and reach mutual points of understanding among peers and
4. Demonstrated ability to understanding the University structure, policies, and procedures,
particularity as it impacts the engagement and success of students.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and competence as it relates to student development
programming and services.
6. Demonstrated competency and experiences in the application, implementation and
delivery of technology in student engagement.
7. Demonstrate high ethical standards especially as it relates to the implementation of
policies and procedures associated with the personal growth and development of
8. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple complex projects.
9. Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making, problem solving,
organizational and time management skills.
10. Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
11. Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and problem solve broad strategic initiatives.
12. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of students, peers and
campus and community constituents.
13. Ability to lead, inspire, supervise and evaluate team embers in an effort to meet institution
and department goals and objectives.
14. Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
Experience and Education
1. Master’s degree required in Higher Education Administration/Student Personnel or related
field; based upon professional experience, Bachelor’s degree plus significant experience
may be considered.
2. Three to five years of experience in Student Life/Development programs; student
activities, student organizations and student government required.
3. Experience in the supervision of department staff.
4. Experience in the management and oversight of departmental budgets including
experience with student organization fiscal management.
5. Experience with research, analysis and use of data in higher education or Student Affairs.
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall
2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the
American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the College serves the
intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree
programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the
language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |