Outreach and Engagement Assistant Directors are professionals who conduct the division’s multitude of outreach and engagement activities with customers and partners across the region in support of and in the absence of the Director. This position will be primarily focused on Assistant Director tasks such as project management, messaging and marketing and supervision, along with some curriculum development and delivery of instruction. Outreach and Engagement team members operate independently with minimal supervision and collaborate intentionally with colleagues across the division and across the university.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Assist Program Director with Project Management & Administrative strategic planning and decisions. Performs Instructional Design and other tasks that impact instructional improvement and innovation.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Master’s degree in Education, Business, or a field related to the position.
Four (4) years of demonstrated experience in instructional design experience, including experience in developing online content
Demonstrated project management experience.
Demonstrated professional work experience advising, teaching, instructional design (or similarly related work experience) in postsecondary institution.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
Experience with online NIU course delivery preferred
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
· In-depth knowledge of instructional design principles, evidence based practices and success in online delivery
· Manage projects including completing deliverables on time and within budget.
· Ability to work successfully as a team leader and as a team member
· Demonstrated ability to operate independently with minimal supervision, identify and initiate new projects, NIU, and the region
· Ability to supervise others
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to manage a large number of diverse tasks simultaneously
· Commitment to accountability for the university’s outreach and engagement mission, presidential goals such as increasing partnerships, and division goals for mutually beneficial engagement with communities across the region