Assistant Director, Construction Management
Auburn University Facilities Management seeks candidates for an Assistant Director, Construction Management position to manage, coordinate, oversee, and lead the construction of Auburn University projects to include the repair, renovation, and/or new construction of facilities.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
To learn more about the Facilities Management, please visit: https://fm.auburn.edu/
To learn more about the Planning, Design, and Construction Department, please visit: https://fm.auburn.edu/planning-design-construction/
- Assists in managing the construction of multiple simultaneous projects and in executing the construction portion of the university’s Fiscal Year Project Execution Plan.
- Ensures construction projects are executed safely, on time, within budget, and in a high quality manner.
- Assists in the preparation of construction project updates to be utilized by University officials, clients, and others within Facilities.
- Provides technical oversight and management of all construction projects.
- Assists in developing effective and efficient policies, processes, and procedures for the execution of construction contracts and construction management consultant contracts.
- Ensures consultants and construction contracts are appropriately managed in order to meet client requirements.
- Assists in the management of the annual operation budget development process for the division.