The Part-time Accounting Clerk is a customer focused accounting position serving the University's Students, Faculty, and Staff ensuring the accurate recording and deposit of all cash receipts of the institution. This role, while primarily focused on the accounting for cash at the University will also support the accounting department on an as needed basis with reconciliation work and the posting of journal entries. This role requires significant interaction with the Simmons community as they make payments or require assistance with other areas, as noted below.
- Responsible for recording all payments received by the University in our financial system and preparing the daily cash reporting and deposit with the bank.
- Ensure payments are accurately recorded to the proper student accounts or internal budget accounts.
- Prepare daily bank deposits for various bank accounts utilized by Simmons.
- Work closely with colleagues in the accounting department in support of the ongoing reconciliation process around cash receipts and disbursements.
- Work closely with colleagues in other departments, in particular Student Financial Services, to investigate questions that arise regarding payments received by the University.
- Work with various departments to correct any errors or variances in a timely manner.
- Support departmental colleagues in the posting and uploading of journal entries into the University's financial system and reconciling accounts as needed.
- Compile audit support as needed for the year-end financial statement audit
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience required;
- Prior experience using automated systems, spreadsheet applications, and word processing software required;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with various constituencies;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
This is a benefits eligible position at 32 hours per week / 4 days a week. This position may be eligible for partial remote work.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Cashier--Accounting-Department_R07998
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.