Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director Admissions
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of the first-year and transfer class each year for the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts. Admissions is charged with meeting various enrollment goals across schools and programs.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Director of Admissions is part of an admissions team responsible for recruiting, selecting, and enrolling undergraduate students.
As The Assistant Director of Admissions you will:
- Manage an assigned geographic territory which includes reading applications from that territory, developing and maintaining relationships with schools and community-based
organizations in that territory, and serving as the primary point person for applicants from that territory.
- Conduct information sessions and related presentations, both virtual and in-person, for prospective students, families, and the general public.
- Engage prospective students, families, school counselors, and community-based organizations with a goal of providing information about Tufts University and the college
- Develop knowledge of Slate to read applications, support work with geographic territory,
and other responsibilities/initiatives.
- Read and evaluate admissions applications as part of a reading team using Committee Based Evaluation and participates in selection committee.
- Assess academic and personal credentials of applicants in detailed reading process.
- Interpret admission practices in highly subjective holistic evaluation process and makes
committee-based evaluation decisions.
- Actively contribute as a member of a selection committee.
- Oversee portfolio-specific initiatives, as assigned.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other portfolio teams to design projects or events in support of office and team goals.
- Assist the portfolio team with management of projects, initiatives, and events.
- As needed, coordinate with campus partners including students, faculty, and staff to support admissions initiatives.
- Engage with ongoing anti-racist work including examination of admissions policies that inhibit access and equity.
Candidates who have experience with CRM systems, particularly Slate, a strong understanding of and/or interest in data analysis, or fluency in a second language are encouraged to apply. This is a hybrid role
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in admissions, college counseling, or related field
- Proficiency with CRM data management software and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Valid US Driver’s license
- Experience with Technolutions Slate
- Experience with selective committee-based evaluation or team-based reading
- Fluency in a second language
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |