Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Talent and Compensation Manager
St. Edward's University
Talent and Compensation Manager
St. Edward's University
Talent & Compensation Manager
St. Edward's University is seeking a Talent & Compensation Manager. The Talent & Compensation Manager provides program leadership and functional expertise in the administration of the university employee talent management, recruiting, classification management and compensation program. The position is responsible for managing the Talent and Compensation function for the University. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the University's goals and competitive practices. Collaborates with the Senior Director of Human Resources to ensure the clear articulation of University policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations. Promotes equity and ensures fair employment practices and effective HR administration.
For Consideration: Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, human resources, or a closely related field. Five (5) years related work experience in Talent management, recruiting, compensation and classification management, classification studies, and classification/position reviews. At least one year of experience managing subordinates. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and certified compensation professional credentials preferred. Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, ATS software, Smartsheet, and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc. Good command of English both oral and written. Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies. Excellent organizational skills. Great attention to detail.
- Serves as the institution's subject matter expert for all compensation related challenges, opportunities and proposed strategic plans. Proposes new and revisions to compensation related policies.
- Manage and review compensation requests to ensure alignment with established business practice, policies, and pay equity standards.
- Manage position control function in collaboration with Budget.
- Conduct position, salary and classification research and review upon request providing justifiable recommendations.
- Manages the University's recruiting, talent management and oversee the onboarding process. Review and/or create job descriptions in collaboration with the hiring manager, ensure recruitment processes and approvals are followed, provides training to hiring managers, prepares and posts job postings, place ads and prepares recruiting materials for consistent and widespread dissemination.
- Manage, monitor and address Smartsheet submissions.
- Creates advertisements, position profiles and postings that are attractive to potential candidates. Maintains and updates the University's recruitment web presence on University and other recruitment websites.
- Sources candidates through online job boards, social media and other techniques to reduce the lag time to fill vacant positions. Looks for cost efficient ways to market the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students.
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available: August 22, 2022
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2d02d3106dc37f49b03acca26a7d49ea
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |