Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
Head Women’s Basketball Coach
This position is responsible to assist in all phases of a competitive women’s intercollegiate basketball program in compliance with NCAA, Northeast Conference and institutional rules and regulations. This position is one of three assistant coaches reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
1. Effectively assist in coaching a competitive basketball program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, Northeast Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
2. Effectively assist in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the University’s athletic program, and effectively promote Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students.
3. Ensure that players associated with the basketball program are eligible under NCAA and Northeast Conference regulations.
4. Assist in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and on-campus tryouts.
5. Effectively monitor student athlete academic progress; refer or counsel where appropriate, and motivate the athlete.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is filled best by an individual with an undergraduate degree and related collegiate basketball experience including successful recruiting, coaching and counseling student athletes. Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to motivate and supervise athletes and students. A thorough understanding of and experience with NCAA and Northeast Conference rules and regulations is critical. The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important. A valid driver’s license is required for travel. This position has non-standard hours.