The Wellstar School of Nursing at Kennesaw State University invites applications for a full-time twelve-month, tenure track Associate Professor or Professor faculty position as the Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Qualifications include an earned research-focused doctorate in nursing (PhD, DNS) or a related field (EdD) and a Master’s in Nursing degree, preferably with an emphasis on nursing education or administration. Foreign equivalent degrees are acceptable. The Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs reports to the Director of the WellStar School of Nursing. Responsibilities include day-to-day management of the traditional and accelerated BSN programs. The Associate Director oversees accreditation processes, generates reports, maintains program compliance with the Georgia Board of Nursing and accrediting agencies, monitors academic standards and provides academic leadership and oversight for the undergraduate nursing programs. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in the undergraduate program. Scholarship is expected by engagement in an ongoing program of research. Service on departmental, college, and university committees is expected. Applicants must be eligible for or hold RN and APRN (when appropriate) licensure in the state of Georgia.
Successful candidates will possess:
Ideal candidates will have:
- Administrative and teaching experience in undergraduate nursing education, including online and/or distance learning formats.
- Evidence of an ongoing program of research that includes a record of research funding and scholarly productivity in the form of peer reviewed publications and presentations.
- Experience preparing accreditation reports.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for communication, consultation and collaboration.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Forward-minded leadership and the ability to inspire and mentor faculty.
How to Apply:
- Leadership skills and qualities needed to successfully lead the undergraduate faculty through a major enrollment increase.
- Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse groups.
- Potential for research collaboration with other faculty members.
- Capacity for interdisciplinary research.
- The ability to seek and obtain sustained external research funding.
Application materials that include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research/scholarship interests, unofficial academic transcripts, and a list of names and contact information for three references must be submitted online at https://facultyjobs.kennesaw.edu/. Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
About the Wellstar School of Nursing:
The Wellstar School of Nursing offers BSN and MSN degrees and is one of the largest programs in Georgia. The School graduates more new Baccalaureate nurses than other programs in Georgia. The school currently employs nearly 50 full-time faculty and numerous part-time faculty. A five-year plan to increase undergraduate enrollment will begin Fall 2020. The WSON is housed within the Wellstar College of Health and Human Services, which includes departments of Social Work and Human Services, Health Promotion and Physical Education, and Exercise Science and Sports Management.
Questions about this job announcement may be directed to:
Yvonne D. Eaves, PhD, RN
Thomas M. & Elizabeth D. Holder Endowed Chair, Associate Professor
Director, WellStar School of Nursing
Kennesaw State University
520 Parliament Garden Way
Prillaman Hall, Rm 3017, MD 4102
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
Diana Baughman, MSN, RN
Faculty Liaison to Clinical Sites & Part-time Faculty Coordinator, Clinical Assistant Professor, & Chair, Faculty Search Committee
Wellstar School of Nursing
Kennesaw State University
520 Parliament Garden Way, MD 4102
Kennesaw, GA 30144