As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the Division of University Relations, Communications and Marketing (URCM) collaborates with internal and external partners to:
Advance and protect UNT’s institutional identity and reputation.
Reinforce and grow UNT’s brand in graphics, images and words.
Increase UNT’s visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace.
Support UNT’s student recruitment, retention and graduation goals.
Strengthen UNT’s relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
This is professional work requiring development of multiple targeted and broad advertising plans and strategy, production team leading, application of advertising, market research and creation of new advertising and marketing techniques and materials. Work involves planning, researching, writing, editing and oversight of various advertising campaigns and communications, both print and electronic. Work also involves aligning UNT’s strategic messaging in all materials; and working collaboratively with UBSC leadership, admissions offices and others in a team environment. This position is knowledgeable about advertising and marketing channels, the university and current recruitment trends.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A thorough understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding.
- Ability to develop and apply strategic planning principles to various university activities and publications.
- Ability to identify new integrated marketing opportunities.
- Excellent writing and public communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data.
- Ability to visually inspect print and online documents.
- Experience in leading the creative development process in various media formats.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Word processing software packages.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions related to work performed.