Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Fiscal Services-posting will close on July 31, 2020
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the fiscal operations of the District; to advise and work collaboratively with the Vice President of Administrative Services on the annual budget preparation; to provide periodic fiscal reports and analysis that impact stakeholders; to participates in maintenance of a system of accounting records; to advise on fiscal matters that impact the District, and to maintain a comprehensive set of controls designed to enhance the accuracy of the institution's reported financial results.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives administrative direction from the Vice President of Administrative Services. Incumbents work within a framework of broadly defined missions of the District.
Incumbents in this classification assign, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of others. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs the functions of controller of all funds of the district; supervise maintenance of complete records of receipts, expenditures, balances on hand, encumbrances for each budget classification, sources and estimates of revenue, payroll obligation, and other items as required.
- Leads and mentors a manager and staff members.
- Monitors budgeting, accounting, and business services functions of the organization for financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Supervises the preparation of financial statements, the maintenance of financial control records and the conduct of internal audits.
- Assists with preparations of the annual District budget including projection of income and expenditures and preparation and filing of official budget documents.
- Provides technical information and assistance to the Vice President of Administrative Services regarding the general ledger, reporting, or complex accounting and budget transactions. Collaborates with other managers in the development and implementation of plans, strategies, goals, and objectives of the District.
- Advocates for policies, procedures and programs relating to fiscal reporting, reporting, and management approval by the Vice President of Administrative Services. Implements policies, procedures and programs related to fiscal reporting and management.
- Reviews all state and federal programs, and prepares and signs claims for the collection of funds from state, federal and other agencies as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with District policy and procedure and applicable laws and regulations. Monitors compliance with restricted funding sources.
- Monitors reserve levels in Self Insurance Fund and Self-supporting auxiliary operations.
- Assists in presenting the financial status reports, annual budget analysis and ad hoc advice to the Board of Trustees, committees and various stakeholder groups.
- Serves as subject matter expert of the District's financial reporting system. Assesses efficiency and effectiveness of the system and recommends program changes for improved reporting and transaction recording.
- Advises the Superintendent/President and other administrators on financial implications of current and projected contractual obligations.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Provide oversight of annual external audit of District funds, including assurance of appropriate internal controls and assist in District's audit response. Knowledge of:
- Generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards and principles and practices of governmental accounting, budget and finance, particularly as they relate to a California Community College district
- Advanced theory and application of budgetary planning, and control in a college system
- Multi-year budget and planning
- Resource allocation
- General accounting and budgeting theory and practices
- Laws, rules, codes, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to California Community College district
- Asset protection and tracking, strategies, and techniques
- Business operation and activities
- Community College State apportionment policies and procedures
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Make recommendations on a broad range of fiscal issues including but not limited to budgets, accounting, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate and direct personnel, resources, communications, and information to meet District needs and assure smooth and efficient activities
- Interpret, explain, and apply laws, rules and regulations
- Work cooperatively with management team to ensure the efficient and smooth operations of the Business Services unit
- Provide technical direction and expertise in the development and preparation District budgets
- Communication effectively both orally and in writing
- Meet deadlines and schedules
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative, financial and statistical reports, records and files related to assigned activities
- Work independently with little direction
- Plan and organize work; delegate work as necessary; handle multiple projects
- Work under stressful conditions
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Support the District in achieving its mission, vision, and strategic goals as appropriate in carrying out the duties of this position.
- Focus on student success, service excellence, and willingness to assist colleagues as needed.
Note: Interviews for this position will be held approximately the week of August 24, 2020.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, public administration or related field from an accredited college; preferred an active CPA license or a Master's degree in accounting, public administration or related field from an accredited college or university, and;
- Five (5) years of related responsible accounting or public administration experience and three (3) years of management experience.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 122,465
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 146,229
- External Closing Date: Aug 1, 2020
- External Opening Date: Jun 23, 2020
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |