University of Bridgeport
Director of the Innovation Center, Ernest C. Trefz School of Business
The University of Bridgeport invites applicants for the position of Director of the Innovation Center. Reporting to the Director of the Trefz School of Business, the Director of the Innovation Center will function as the leader of the Center and is responsible for its overall performance, including the development and implementation of programs and events, the management of day-to-day operations including the Student Entrepreneur Center, outreach and fundraising.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and implement programs and events to support innovation and entrepreneurship at the Center;
* Promote the Center both internally and externally to make it a focal point of innovation in the Bridgeport region;
* Pursue fundraising including funding for the Center and funding for businesses housed in the Center;
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the Center;
* Manage the Student Entrepreneur Center including hiring and managing staff;
* Operate within approved budget;
* Implement the programs and policies of the School and University;
* Represent the Center and School in the community and;
* Support the Director’s efforts to engage stakeholders of the Trefz School of Business, maintain accreditation, and develop new programs.
* Master’s degree from an accredited institution required with an MBA
* A minimum of 10 years of appropriate business experience including at least two years of management experience;
* Professional experience in starting one or more successful new ventures;
* Work experience with entrepreneurship centers/incubators/accelerators preferred;
* Innovative thinker and problem solver with an entrepreneurial attitude;
* Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population;
* Attention to detail and ability to oversee operations; and
* Strong communication and people skills and the ability to work with internal and external constituencies.
The University of Bridgeport offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Bridgeport is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse university community; we encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, see our applicant portal – https://jobs.bridgeport.edu/
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Annual Security and Fire Report reports are available at https://files.bridgeport.edu/public/Security/Annual-Security-Report-2018.pd…