Reporting to the Director of Sports Performance, this position is responsible for, but not limited to, directly being in charge of all aspects of Strength and Conditioning for football.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Responsible for, but not limited to, directly being in charge of all aspects of Strength and Conditioning for football.
Assist in the administration of the entire program; including, but not limited to, assisting with daily weight room practices and conditioning sessions:
- Design and implement warm-ups for lifting and conditioning team workouts
- Design and implement lifting and conditioning programs for team workouts
- Design and implement rehabilitative programs for injured student-athletes
- Create goals for student-athlete success in both strength and conditioning
- Administer measurement and evaluation to determine student-athlete success
Develop and Implement a cleaning schedule for the weight room and weight room equipment in the Yordon Center weight room.
Develop procedural plan as it pertains to equipment; quotes, purchasing, and record keeping for the Sports Performance equipment budget
Detailed instruction to execute all training exercises safely and correctly specific to performance enhancement methods to achieve desired results.
Support recommendations as set forth by athletics department designated registered dietitian for good nutrition and supplementation for the health and performance of the student-athletes.
Be responsible for the development, safety and conduct of the team(s).
Provide an overall positive environment for the strength and conditioning development of all student athletes.
Promote commitment, teamwork and develop a working relationship, establish rapport with, and ensure open lines of communication with the coaching staffs, student-athletes of all teams and athletic training staff.
Detailed instruction to execute all training exercises safely and correctly specific to performance enhancement methods to achieve desired results. At the same time, provide an overall positive environment for the strength and conditioning development of all student athletes.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree required in exercise science field, with appropriate certifications.
- Ability to demonstrate weight training skills, conditioning strategies plus teaching progressions, and knowledge of sports nutrition.
- Ability to communicate with and relate well to the student-athlete.
- Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms.
- Strong organizational skills.
- CSCCa or CSCS certification required.
Education and Experience Preferred
- Master’s degree.
- Successful experience in strength and conditioning on the university or college level.
- Administrative experience in a sports training facility, department or program.
- USA weightlifting certification. Speed development experience.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
Have a thorough knowledge of NCAA, conference, and institutional policies and conduct program within those regulations.
When practical under the circumstances, intercollegiate athletic staff are encouraged to voluntarily attend all athletic events to promote audience participation and support for NIU team efforts.
As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, you are responsible for knowledge of and compliance with National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations, both those general in nature and those which apply directly to your position’s responsibilities. Strict adherence to all applicable governing policies, procedures, and regulations of the NCAA is required and is a condition of your employment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.