By bringing together students, staff, and faculty from a broad range of professions, the Experimental College has served as a hub for advancing the intellectual life of Tufts through innovative and collaborative learning for more than 50 years. The approximately 80 interdisciplinary, and interactive courses that the Experimental College offers annually provide a broad, forward-looking curriculum that augments and enhances the more traditional offerings at Tufts, and bridges to the world beyond the university. Undergraduate students actively shape the curriculum by helping to select courses each semester, and they teach their peers in credit-bearing classes through two peer teaching programs unique to Tufts.
The Experimental College also serves as an incubator for the development of new academic offerings. Visiting instructors from outside of the academy teach many of the courses. The Experimental College also partners with various offices, academic departments, and student organizations to implement new initiatives within and beyond the classroom.
What You'll Do
In collaboration with Director, the Associate Director develops goals and strategies for the Experimental College, and applies a broad base of knowledge to develop, implement, supervise, and evaluate the program. The Associate Director will handle the below duties:
- Selects and supports new peer-taught and visiting lecturer courses each semester.
- Manages program finances, operations, marketing and human resources.
- Manages hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Master's Degree and 5-7 years' experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience in program subject matter
- Advanced organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Supervisory experience helpful
- Experience with innovative programming
- College teaching experience and/or student advising
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is a hybrid position expected to be in person 4 days during most of the academic year, with additional opportunities for remote work during summer and winter breaks.
Minimum $68,400.00, Midpoint $85,550.00, Maximum $102,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.