Job Title: Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Department: Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation
Reports to: Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
The Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III Men’s Lacrosse program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and a commitment to promoting a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assist in recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development. Including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Ensure safety through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the team. Responsible for submitting requests for repair, maintenance, and improvement of facilities as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
- Work together with the head coach in monitoring the eligibility status and academic progress of the team.
- Responsible for travel arrangements including lodging, meals, team practices, and meetings.
- Coordinate all social media for the team.
- Work with head coach and equipment manager to initiate and coordinate the selection, purchase, fitting, and maintenance of team equipment to include uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide support in carefully tracking expenditures for all team accounts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Assist with approved fund-raising activities as requested and coordinate all such efforts through the Director of Athletics and Office of Development and Alumni Engagement.
- Compile data and reports in a timely fashion when requested by head coach or any senior level administrator.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
- Participate in other department initiatives, programs, and committees as required.
- Confirm that sport camps and clinics related to the sport program adhere to NCAA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including a required secondary role within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training certification required.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Mens Lacrosse Office
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police