Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Development
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Director of Development
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
An integral part of the University Advancement team, the Director of Development focuses on the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-capacity prospects (alumni, parents, and friends) who are capable of making gifts in excess of $50,000, with particular emphasis on prospects rated $100,000 and higher, in support of specific fund-raising initiatives to advance WPI priorities. A focus area for this position is on international and project-based education initiatives.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and implement qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for a targeted portfolio of 150 major and principal gift prospects capable of making gifts in excess of $50,000, with particular emphasis on prospects rated $100,000 and higher. Focus is expected on constituents with interests spanning international and project-based education initiatives.
- Travel is an important requirement of the position to qualify, cultivate and solicit these prospects. (Specific goals guiding the number of visits, proposals, and solicitations are established annually through the operating plan process).
- Collaborate with key University Advancement colleagues including the offices of leadership and planned giving, alumni relations and annual giving, and institutional giving toward achieving fund-raising goals.
- Work in partnership with faculty, academic and administrative leaders and staff to develop and execute fundraising strategies with emphasis on international and project-based education initiatives.
- Develop productive working relationships that engage and involve key prospects at various stages of their relationship with the university from cultivation through stewardship.
- Work with academic and administrative leaders and volunteers in approaching donors for major commitments.
- Consult with donor relations, special events staff, and alumni relations as appropriate on activities to honor individual donors or groups of donors for gifts to WPI.
- Responsible for the management of information and contact reports relating to assigned prospect activity using Salesforce.
- Support and participate in both traditional and new major programs and special events, which define WPI's culture and spirit. Example: Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, Commencement, Advisory Board activities, campus and regional alumni events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven years of experience in institutional advancement or fundraising with a demonstrated record of success.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively about gift strategies, especially for large 7/8-figure principal gifts.
- Familiarity with charitable gift arrangements as well as demonstrated experience in marketing, persuasive writing, working directly with volunteers, and personal correspondence. The ability to communicate directly with donors through personal interaction and correspondence is essential.
- This position requires an individual who understands person to person relationships and who has the ability to convincingly articulate the vision and mission of the University and match those to the interests of potential donors.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively and possess strong verbal and writing skills.
- This position is a member of the major gifts team in the University Advancement Division.
- Participation and involvement in several mandatory Division signature events is required.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director-of-Development_R0001340
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |