The Director of Women’s Initiatives and Gender Equity (WIGE) serves the Office of Inclusion and
Diversity and campus as a leader and is responsible for shaping a strategic vision for the work of women’s initiatives and gender equity at Auburn University.
1. Manages a comprehensive portfolio designed to advance issues impacting individuals who identify as women and promote gender equity across the campus community.
2. Supervises and manages the WIGE staff responsible for developing and implementing essential programs within the WIGE portfolio including, but not limited to, the Women in Science and Engineering Institute and the Women’s Resource Center.
3. Develops educational and learning opportunities designed to engage students across campus and deepen understanding of women’s issues and gender equity.
4. Researches models for advancing gender equity at public, research-one institutions.
5. Provides a range of support and advocacy for women and those who seek to support women, including formal and informal coaching and mentoring.
6. Cultivates curricular and co-curricular connections and strategic alignment with academic departments, including the Women’s Studies Program, Women’s Leadership Institute and 100+ Women strong.
7. Oversees a range of educational programming and engagement opportunities for students, faculty, and staff that support women and promote gender equity.