Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of K-12 Partnerships
Director of K-12 Partnerships
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Marian University Center for Vibrant Schools is seeking professionals to implement the Vibrant Schools Partnerships program and to promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by working closely with the Center Director and will coordinate with the City Connects Midwest Technical Assistance Center Director, Literacy Programs Director, and Marketing and Operations Director. The Director of K12 Partnerships will develop and launch a program focused on partnering with PK-12 schools. This partnership will provide leadership development, comprehensive student support (City Connects), literacy support (Science of Reading), and STEM support to PK-12 schools by leveraging these services through the Center for Vibrant Schools. The Center’s focus is to improve academic performance of PK-12 schools in the community and state. In addition, the Director of K12 Partnerships will assist in the oversight of Marian University Preparatory School.
The Director of K12 Partnerships is a leadership position responsible for the entire planning process to develop the program. Through these efforts, the Director of K12 Partnerships will be the lead agent to build bridges and support with the community for this initiative. The Director of K12 Partnerships will be responsible for developing and launching the program, including hiring and onboarding necessary staff, and will assist Marian University Preparatory School Head of School in the program’s expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies;
- Serve as the key leader in planning and executing the strategies to establish the Vibrant Schools Partnerships;
- Take a leadership role, with support from the Office of Institutional Advancement, in securing startup funding of the Vibrant Schools Partnerships;
- Lead the strategy for gaining public support with PK-12 school and district partners, community leaders, and community-based organizations;
- Lead all recruiting efforts to accomplish the goals set forth in the plan, including development of strong relationships and collaborative initiatives with selected partner schools;
- Oversee the Vibrant Schools Partnerships selection process to ensure each partner school selected supports the mission of the program, the Center for Vibrant Schools, and Marian University;
- Manage overall financial responsibilities and budgets for the Vibrant Schools Partnerships program and collaborate effectively with the Center Business Operations and Strategy Director, and Marian University Business Office;
- Work with the Center Marketing and Operations Director to ensure that Marian University branding is included across all aspects and functions of the Vibrant Schools Partnerships program;
- Involve key university personnel as advisors to the Vibrant Schools Partnerships;
- Uphold the values of Marian University in public and private life;
- Provide management oversight to the Marian University Preparatory School; and
- Manage other tasks as assigned by the Center for Vibrant Schools Director.
- A bachelor’s degree in educational leadership, business administration, or related field is required.
- Management experience is required.
- Management experience may include direct supervision of employees, managing project teams and project resources.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, verbal and written communication skills, and experience in planning, evaluation, management, and reporting are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in fundraising and recruitment is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and background:
- A minimum of five years of strategic, project management and/or organizational assessment experience, preferably the majority in PK-12 education leadership, higher education, or an academic setting;
- An operational soundness with the ability to grow programs and work with people collaboratively to achieve goals;
- An ability to work well within and across complex organizations, both in partnership schools and community organizations;
- Capability to adopt a “high-level view” and balance multiple priorities, to identify opportunities for the institution to gain efficiencies and to further advance its mission;
- A senior-level presence that inspires confidence and builds credibility with other partner schools;
- A thoughtful listener, strategic thinker, strong communicator and negotiator with unquestionable integrity;
- Demonstrated expertise in education strategic planning, assessment, and data analysis are required;
- Ability to work with diverse groups, cultures, and communities; and
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |