Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission
University of San Francisco
Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission
The Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission provides recruitment, admission, and enrollment services designed to meet the needs of prospective, admitted, deposited, and enrolled undergraduate students for traditional degree programs. This position serves on the senior leadership team within undergraduate admission and develops and implements strategies to ensure that USF meets its undergraduate enrollment goals.
A key function of this position is the management of the Welcome Center, the hub of the student visit experience for admissions. This position manages the overall functionality of the Welcome Center and serves as a key partner for on-campus event functions beyond the daily visit program. The Associate supervises staff who are charged with enhanced responsibility for events and visit experience components. Additionally, this position oversees all student employees for undergraduate admissions including tour guides/ambassadors, interns, and student workers. Based on broad-based consultation with enrollment leaders and key partners throughout the University, the Associate develops an analytically grounded, mission focused, and pragmatically oriented plan for enhancing the visit experience and improving outreach and communications. The Associate must have experience in and enthusiasm for data reporting, analysis, and communications/marketing.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Provost for Undergraduate Admission, this position consults on a regular basis with SEM leadership to ensure that outreach and engagement activities of this position are in alignment with the lived reality of the student experience at USF. In addition to participating and directing a full complement of admission recruitment and evaluation activities for first-year and transfer students, the Associate serves as a resource to ensure that admission practices and policies are structured in ways to support achievement of the University's enrollment objectives.
Full Job Description:
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and continually assessing the strengths and opportunities for the visit program and on-campus events.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic vision for increasing student visitor volume to USF in concert with Enrollment Communications
- Evaluates undergraduate applicants' academic credentials for traditional first-year and transfer students
- Establishes and maintains admission standards, requirements, protocols, policies, and procedures for enrollment, in collaboration with SEM leadership and schools and colleges.
- Oversees key staff charged with developing, leading, and implementing on-campus events and the daily visit experience.
- Reviews admission files, determines eligibility, decides which applicants are qualified for admission to USF, and makes admission decisions.
- Selects, schedules, and coordinates high school and college fair visits to recruit prospective students
- Counsels prospective students and families about admission, financial aid, academic programs and student life at USF, explains tuition and fees, application and registration procedures, and career and corresponding educational planning.
- Utilizes data services and market analysis tools to plan recruitment and yield strategy
- Conducts information meetings and represents USF at education fairs, and other public events, with targeted outreach to traditional first-year and transfer students. Develops knowledge of competitor programs in the region.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with counseling, teaching and administrative contacts at high schools and other institutions of higher education.
- Develop and execute strategies to provide innovative student-centered recruitment efforts for first-year and transfer populations.
- Works with the Assistant Vice Provost for Undergraduate Admission in maintenance of the recruitment budget.
- Collaborates with the Senior Associate Director of Admission for Access and Inclusion, the Senior Associate Director of Admission for Transfer Initiatives, and the Senior Associate Director of Admission for Regional Recruitment to enhance and execute data driven strategies that align with enrollment goals.
- Represent the University to external organizations and associations at local, regional, and national professional organizations.
- Serves on internal (and external) committees at the discretion of the Assistant Vice Provost for Undergraduate Admission.
- Play a key role in the development and execution of marketing and outreach, including publications, electronic communication, and social media to meet the needs of the Welcome Center and associated functions/events.
- Directly supervises at least two professional staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree and 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in undergraduate admission, program and project management, and budget and financial administration.
- Must have experience with campus visit programs, student ambassador/tour guide programs, and/or campus welcome center functions
- Sees the "big picture" and thus understands relevant interrelationships. Participates actively in the development of realistic strategies that help to ensure the long-term sustainability of key partnerships, programs and the organization. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key contacts.
- Acts responsibly toward and anticipates and addresses needs of community partners and stakeholders. Strong focus on customer benefit and relationship building. Understands the industry and competitive landscape and recognizes the implications for the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present information in various formats to effectively communicate cross-generationally with a variety of persons and audiences.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, establish priorities, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think innovatively, creatively, strategically and collaboratively; effectively manages programs and facilitates thoughtful and insightful problem resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, establishing, building and retaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships while performing responsibilities.
- Ability to use databases, report generators, spreadsheets, electronic presentation software.
- Familiarity with Slate CRM a plus.
- Ability to travel (estimated 25-30% of time) to various locations to build/maintain partnerships, attend gatherings, events, and activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Thorough commitment to Jesuit Catholic education, and the university's Mission, Vision, and Values.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Undergraduate-Admission_R0003084-1.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |