Dean of LCNCOES – WVU Tech 13130
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV, is currently inviting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Dean of the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Science – WVU Tech. This position is Non-Classified, 12-month, full-time and benefits-eligible.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide leadership in implementing the College’s vision of science, technology, engineering and mathematics education and teaching excellence
- Promote the College’s achievements on a national scale
- Ensure accreditation of programs
- Expand partnerships with businesses and the community
- Secure internal and external resources in support of the College’s vision
- Recruit and retain a diverse student body
- Recruit and retain excellent faculty and staff
- Foster innovation, creativity, and professional growth among the students, faculty, and staff
- Foster collaboration among science, technology, engineering and mathematics in teaching, program development and research/scholarly activity
- Manage the operating budget and daily activities of the college
Location: Beckley, WV
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration apply by December 1, 2019. For complete information on this position, please visit: https://www.wvutech.edu/deansearch
Please apply at: https://hr.wvutech.edu/employment_opportunities
WVU Tech boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. WVU Tech is ranked first in the state for return on investment and is ranked seventh in the nation in annual ROI for students paying in-state tuition. The campus is in close proximity to several state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Earned doctoral degree in a program offered by the college or related STEM program
- College teaching experience, research/scholarly activity and service commensurate with the rank of tenured full professor within a discipline offered by the college or related STEM program
- Academic leadership and achievement at, or above, department chairperson level or equivalent.
- Developing public and/or private partnerships
- Securing external funding
- Strategic planning, program assessment, and accreditation
- Advocating for diversity among students, faculty, staff and academic programs
- Managing operating budgets and overseeing funds provided through grants and contracts with external agencies
- Provide effective visionary leadership in an academic environment
- Collaborate with and build public and/or private partnerships
- Secure and/or administer external funding
- Plan, implement, assess & continuously improve academic programs
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Nurture, lead, and inspire a committed effort for growth and development of a college with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
- Thrive and lead within a student-centered campus community
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.