Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Student Support, Wellness Education
Stevens Institute of Technology
Stevens Institute of Technology is currently searching for a student affairs wellness professional to join the Office of Student Support as the Assistant Director of Student Support, Wellness Education. The Assistant Director will support the Office of Student Support’s mission to encourage student success both personally and academically by helping students during challenging times, connecting students with wellness and support services, aligning university wellness initiatives, inspiring intentional positive lifestyle choices, and providing wellness and health promotion programming.
Reporting to the Director of Student Support, the Assistant Director will deliver wellness education to students while providing support for campus wide wellness and health promotion strategies. Key components of this position include planning and implementing wellness education programming, supervising the Wellness Peer Educators, and serving as a member of the Stevens CARE Team.
- Facilitate presentations and educational workshops on various wellness topics, including but not limited to sexual wellness, sexual assault prevention, alcohol and other drugs, sleep, stress management, bystander intervention, and general wellness to students/student groups regularly and upon request. Specific populations serve include, but are not limited to, first-year students, Residential Education staff and student leaders, Peer Leaders, student organizations, fraternity and sorority members, and student-athletes.
- Collaborate with various campus departments to offer comprehensive education, resources, and services that enable students to reach their full potential in well-being.
- Track and collect data on programs administered and develop annual reports as assigned.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate new educational programs with the goal of improving student wellness by enhancing knowledge, developing skills, changing the campus environment, altering attitudes, and modifying behavior.
- Manage website, social media, and other marketing tools.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of wellness publications, including written documents, brochures, website updates, and educational campaigns.
- Oversee and manage a team of Wellness Peer Educators that represent the Offices of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Disability Services, Student Health Services, and Student Support.
- Provide mentorship, training, and supervision to ensure the effective implementation of the Wellness Peer Education program.
- Develop strategies to recruit, train, and retain Wellness Peer Educators.
- Coordinate with the represented wellness offices to ensure program and educational goals are being met.
- Ensure that Wellness Peer Education activities are scheduled and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Wellness Peer Educators to provide feedback, review progress, identify challenges, and develop solutions.
- Serve on the Stevens CARE Team, which is a network of Stevens professionals that provide a support system for students. The CARE team responds to student behavior that is concerning and provides support that a student needs, including academic, mental health, medical, or other resources, depending on the nature of the concern.
- Complete annual CARE Team training and follow all CARE Team procedures.
- Offer one-on-one CARE meetings with students to evaluate their needs and make appropriate referrals and recommendations to facilitate their personal and academic progress, as assigned.
- Through initial and ongoing assessment and collaboration with the CARE Team\ determine and maintain a support plan that enables students to succeed in their personal and academic pursuits.
- Work closely with other university departments to provide institutional resources, assistance, and guidance to students to overcome barriers to success.
- Per CARE Team procedures- document all data, including outreach, meetings, updates, interactions, etc. must be documented in Advocate.
- In partnership with the Student Life Office, plan and implement Health and Wellness Exploration Pre-Orientation program for first-year students.
- Attend all Student Affairs division-wide meetings and work closely with other professional staff members throughout Student Affairs and other campus offices as needed to execute ongoing events, programs, and projects.
- Participate in department, division, and university-wide projects and committees.
- Provide evening and weekend coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Social Work, Higher Education, or related field
- At least two-three years of experience working in student wellness or related field.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating wellness education programs and workshops to meet the needs of a campus community.
- Experience in supervising or advising student staff and/or leaders.
- Experience serving on a CARE Team and/or providing case management.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop educational materials and media.
- Proficiency in social media educational content development
- General knowledge of current and emerging college-age student health and wellness concerns and issues and existing methods of prevention/early intervention
- Ability to collect and analyze data pertinent to program planning and assessment.
- Knowledge of health promotion/behavior theories, research, and program assessment do
Office of Student Support
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Academic Submission Guidelines:
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, a teaching statement that includes teaching interests and philosophy on inclusive classroom practices, and a student success statement addressing how you will contribute to an academic environment at Stevens that supports the success of students of all backgrounds, and contact information for at least three references. The student success statement could include your own participation or experience with programs, professional development, and/or engagement with students of diverse backgrounds, as well as plans for advancing these areas at Stevens.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: https://www.stevens.edu/police
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |