Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director - Fixed Assets
Utah Valley University
Assistant Director - Fixed Assets
: Staff - Full-Time
The Assistant Director over Fixed Assets will be responsible for the management and over site of all University Assets. The position will work closely with departments to help them track and monitored assets according to University policy, Regents policy and federal and state guidelines. The Director will be responsible to maintain a central record of capital and sensitive assets and will oversee the performance of a regular inventory of all assets to ensure proper tracking and reporting. They will also work with departments to ensure that assets are properly disposed of and surplused according to State Law. The position will further account for and record all University building and maintenance projects including those managed by the Utah Division of Facilities Construction and Management. The Director will ensure compliance with all bond, lease, and other financing agreements and will ensure payments are made timely and that all financing activity is properly recorded in the accounting system of the University.
Bachelors degree in Accounting and two years of related experience plus CPA Certification; or, a Masters degree in Accounting plus CPA Certification (or completion of CPA within 18 months) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- In depth knowledge related to fixed asset tracking and reporting.
- Knowledge of bond and lease accounting and reporting.
- Knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, fixed asset tracking and accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Skill with problem solving, decision-making.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, creative thinker, good business judgment, strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to make sound business judgments in resolving generally understood and/or more complex issues.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and have the ability to perform complex or highly technical accounting tasks and functions.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
Audit assets by locating them where ever they may be across campus. May require bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, standing, etc. Most frequently the position will require sitting at a desk and operating a computer.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
STA181418 Finance and Business Svcs. Staff 08/30/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/14153
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |