Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Admissions and Recruiting
Alcorn State University
The incumbent provides leadership and facilitates program successes in the area of student recruitment and admissions. He/she leads, directs, and collaboratively develops and facilitates the execution of a student recruitment plan that results in the enrollment of an optimal number of students annually, per the University’s Strategic Plan.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations related to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
- Knowledge of student recruitment and financial aid practices
- Knowledge of event planning, public relations and marketing principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
- Proficient computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on complex projects
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, being flexible and able to exercise independent judgment to produce quality work within tight time constraints
- Ability to respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion and tact
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes goals for admissions department and representatives
- Provides administrators and other offices with detailed and well-planned student forecasts; Oversees student projections, no shows and student drop rates
- Builds relationships with prospective students by initiating communications with prospective students and their parents
- Conducts second interviews with prospective enrollees to ensure successful completion and placement
- Motivates admissions staff to meet and/or exceed campus targets and standards on an on-going basis
- Assists with the organization, preparation and delivery of the communication flow
- Works in collaboration and cooperation with other departments and academic divisions to achieve departmental/university goals for recruitment and admissions
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures for recruiting students
- Organizes and participates in on-campus and off-campus recruitment and enrollment activities, including high school and college fairs
- Maintains compliance for the University to admit international students; Serves as Designated Officer (DO) for undergraduate international students
- Bachelor’s Degree; Masters preferred
- Four (4) years’ experience in a Director of Admissions or similar role
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |