SERC/AIRC - Manager of Digital Communications and Technology
This position offers a well-qualified individual the opportunity to perform in a critical role within the Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC) and Acquisition Innovation Research Center (AIRC) at Stevens Institute of Technology. The SERC/AIRC Manager of Digital Communications and Technology will work closely with senior members of the team to produce and disseminate strategic digital content and communications for SERC and AIRC’s outreach channels.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable moving between technical and communication worlds, managing virtual platforms for hybrid knowledge-sharing events, and helping to project manage high-level messaging goals, plans, and tasks. Strong skills in digital marketing and content management, information design, and organization are a must, as is interest in seeing digital projects through from brainstorming to execution.
The successful candidate will be someone who appreciates that technology is continually changing how enterprises develop and organize the systems that drive creative solutions, innovation, and efficiency.
- Transition research into external digital products for dissemination within the systems engineering, acquisition, and, broader applicable research communities.
- Coordinate messaging between print and digital media platforms in service of SERC and AIRC’s overall communications strategy.
- Contribute to generating new ideas for digital content and rich media for use on websites and online versions of research publications.
- Manage digital content, including news stories, press releases, and social media posts, to amplify brand messaging.
- Support the virtual events production calendar and drive creation of live, recorded, and on-demand event content, such as Zoom webinars, video research briefs, etc.
- Build and disseminate e-mail communications and e-newsletters via legacy e-mail platforms.
- Design, develop and optimize e-mail templates.
- Assist with project management and special web and digital projects as needed.
- Maintain a robust contact database.
- Report on audience engagement and recommend best practices for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing, Digital Communications, Interactive Media, or related field required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital content creation and management for an academic, scientific, research, non-profit, or other relevant digital communications environment.
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and other website design platforms.
- Experience with strategic implementation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience using data to improve website traffic and UI/UX.
- Experience with web content management systems and website content maintenance.
- Strong interest in producing digital content for websites and other dynamic platforms.
- Experience with virtual and hybrid event hosting, video streaming, and audio podcasting.
- Strong web development background.
- Proficient technical writing and editing skills.
- Portfolio may be required upon request.
Compensation: Grade 7
Program Operations SERC
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police