The Director of Personnel and Finance is an exciting leadership opportunity to manage all human resource and financial management functions within the School of Architecture and Planning. The school is interested in dynamic candidates who have demonstrated commitment to excellence by providing leadership in business administration that contributes toward building an equitable and diverse academic environment.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Finance and Administrative Services/Chief of Staff, this position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial management functions including procurement, account reconciliation, reporting, auditing and implementation of internal controls that ensure compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Working cooperatively with department chairs, this position will play a key role in the development of departmental operating budgets
- Support the unit business officer in data analysis, school-wide resource planning and annual budgeting process.
- Oversight and implementation of all aspects of personnel management, including but not limited to faculty, staff and student hiring, reappointment, promotion/tenure and appointment processing.
- Serve as a primary resource/liaison for questions and issues related to benefits, payroll, and advance the school and university goals of employee growth and professional development.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience in the areas of business, finance, human resources, or resource management.
Five of years of experience in an academic/university setting within the area of resource management, planning, budgeting data analysis. Strong familiarity with UB business/HR/financial systems, policies and procedures