Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director of Client Support Services
Stevens Institute of Technology
Position title: Associate Director of Client Support Services
Supervisor: Director of Client Support Services and Learning Technology
The Associate Director of Client Support Services is responsible for providing leadership strategy and operational oversight in developing and maintaining a comprehensive program of services that promote the efficient and effective use of information technology at Stevens with mentorship provided by the Director of Client Support Services and Learning Technology. The Associate Director leads a high-performing team of professionals to enable the development, delivery, change, and lifecycle of services to the user community. This includes incident, problem, knowledge, change, and service request management. Additionally, training and proactive client services outreach, and other vital services for users of technology. The Associate Director will promote outreach, engagement, effective communication and dialog, and service excellence for stakeholders across the Stevens enterprise.
The Associate Director of Client Support Services works in a highly collaboratively manner with various constituencies throughout the University and with colleagues in Information Technology to identify needs for training, services, and support, and to align those behind current and future technologies. The goal is to ensure a highly engaged and strategic posture that is proactive and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. In working with the Director of Client Support Services and Learning Technology this will create a culture of evidence, metrics, and quality for the IT service portfolio – including data-driven assessment and planning – concerning the delivery and continuous improvement of services.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Staff supervision and guidance on executing a proactive client service function.
- Analysis and recommendation of support strategies through key performance indicator (KPI) management and CRM analysis
- Active engagement and communication with organizational and stakeholder groups to convey news and events related to issues and initiatives, while simultaneously gathering feedback and recommendations for improvements and enhancements to service and support
- Identification and implementation of technologies, systems, and information resources that promote excellence in physical and virtual client support services.
- Development and continuously revaluation of service level agreements (SLAs), key performance indicators (KPI’s), and the IT service catalogue
- Establishment, utilization, and publication of analytics concerning service delivery and continuous improvement.
- Coordination and provision of service excellence for Tier 0 / Tier 1 / Tier 2 / Tier 3 triage, root-cause analysis, escalation, and incident/problem resolution cycle
- Building of strong client relationships and alignment of departmental priorities, strategies, and resources with the Institute’s mission and goals
- Provisioning of formal quality assurance and asset management for devices and the lifecycle there of
- Provisioning of formal quality assurance and management for software applications and the lifecycle there of based on ITSM standards.
- Lead change management standards and response protocols for the Division of Information Technology
- Five years of previous experience in leading client/customer service/helpdesk, with broad experience across information technology service portfolios
- Established experience leading, managing, and mentoring full time employees and student workers
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a strong preference for the degree in a field closely aligned to customer services or information technology.
- Experience leading change management, ITSM, and ITIL and service management lifecycles
- Capable of working in a fast-paced /dynamic environment and of managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and overall strong general knowledge of information technology, networking, and systems
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Windows-based and Mac-based hardware and software
- Ability to work effectively as a positive and engaged member of a high performing / collaborative team of professionals
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstration of empathy
- Willingness to work positively in a fluid, active, and team-based organization.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally; ability to twist, bend and work in awkward positions.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, including a user-centric service ethic.
- Significant professional experience and knowledge in a production environment with a majority of technologies.
- Proficiency in Windows, iOS, and Linux/Unix environments
- Previous higher education experience in a support environment
- Previous experience with instructional technology and audio-visual support
- Familiarity with ITSM and ITIL practices
- Familiarity with chat support
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management systems and practices
- Familiarity with incident and problem management
- Training experience, both live and asynchronous video development
- Knowledge management and knowledge base authoring
- A working understanding of asset management, key performance indicators, service level agreements, and communication standards.
- Previous professional experience in a higher education environment is strongly preferred, including significant experience working with faculty and students.
- Master’s degree preferred.
This position will be working on campus and starting with the Fall Semester flex work location options may become available.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Office of User Support Services
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |