Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Talent Management - University Advancement
Director of Talent Management - University Advancement
604 - University Advancement
Villanova University has reached new heights following the most successful comprehensive capital campaign in its history, raising over $760M and changing the University's culture of philanthropy. The Office of University Advancement is seeking a talented, energetic and experienced Director of Talent Management to join our team as we continue to grow and develop our staff to maximize future fundraising efforts at the University.
The Director of Talent Management will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive program of talent acquisition as well as staff development, retention and transition-based practices grounded in our shared values of excellent performance, diversity and continuous improvement. Additionally, the Director will analyze applicable metrics and performs ongoing analysis of programming to continually refine and strengthen talent management practices and evaluate the ROI of various strategies.
The Director will work closely with all hiring managers in University Advancement to develop effective and appropriate recruitment and selection plans for all vacant and new positions. This position has a strong customer service focus and ensures all talent management programs are tightly integrated with university wide objectives pertaining to diversity and inclusion; to identify, select, promote and retain the most qualified and diverse workforce.
We are seeking a professional to join our team with a positive, results-oriented approach to talent management, who has excellent interpersonal skills and will work diligently to ensure that the Office of University Advancement creates policies, procedures and programs to allow us to recruit, hire and retain a diverse and talented team of professionals. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, the incumbent will contribute to our fast-paced, dynamic team who are all working to advance the mission of Villanova University.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains an extensive network of diverse talent and referral sources, cultivates and continually updates network, targets people in specific organizations or industries that appear to match department talent needs. This includes meeting with potential candidates and building an internal and external network of advancement professionals.
- Develops innovative sourcing and outreach strategies to identify and qualify a rich, broad, diverse pool of candidates and potential candidates; utilizes professional contacts/organizations and associations, employee referrals, directories, job fairs, social media, and other creative outreach strategies.
- Works with hiring managers to understand accountabilities, core competencies, qualifications, and necessary skills and experience and advises on job description, interview process and other associates hiring practices.
- Responsible for the development, evaluation, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive Advancement specific professional development curriculum.
- Oversees the creation, presentation and ongoing assessment of the interview process as well as the in-house onboarding process.
- In conjunction with the Associate Vice President for Development, the Associate Vice President for Major Gifts, the Associate Vice President for Alumni Relations and the Senior Vice President for University Advancement, assist with special projects designed to evaluate talent needs, build professional development plans for current staff members and make recommendations for future resources related to staff recruitment and retention.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Special Projects to understand internal and external salary benchmarking and salary ranges for all open and new positions.
- Bachelors degree required.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry best principles and practices that contribute to a successful talent management program.
- 8-10 years of recruiting or placement experience with a proven track record of finding qualified and diverse candidates.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated high emotional intelligence. Collaborative, self-motivated, and flexible approach to work; ability to work independently and as an active member of multiple teams. Diplomatic and sensitive to the concerns and interests of others; collegial; strong service orientation and sense of integrity. Ability to maintain discretion and the highest ethical and professional standards while dealing with confidential information. Ability to foster respectful communication and collaboration within a diverse community.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, including personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Deep understanding of the many aspects of Advancement strongly preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have broad range and increasing levels of responsibility within the field of Advancement.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus.
Occasional evening and weekend work required to support building a pipeline of future staff members; some travel required for meeting candidates and professional development.
Special Message to Applicants
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15477
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |