Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Center For Global Education
Director, Center For Global Education
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
The Director of the Center for Global Education oversees international student services, education abroad, F-1 immigration compliance, J-1 scholar support, international risk management as related to student and faculty travel, as well as the development and implementation of international initiatives
Advising and Student Engagement:
- Strategize and implement all services, initiatives and projects of the Center, including program development, training and assessment;
- Manage the operations and activities of the Center for Global Education (CGE), while developing and maintaining relationships across the University and the Colleges of the Fenway;
- Oversee and manage the financial and operational aspects of the CGE, including internal study abroad scholarships and the Home School Tuition model;
- Facilitate the development of University goals and outcomes for inclusive international experiences;
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators/ metrics driving increased student participation for students of all backgrounds;
- Ensure that application, registration, pre-departure and re-entry processes, programs, and outreach are effective, efficient, and meet the University's and students' needs;
- Collaborate closely with a variety of institutional and global partners including deans, program directors and department chairs, faculty, and co-curricular administrators;
- Maintain a comprehensive plan for health and safety;
- Review international program/course requirements to ensure program design supports students according to university curriculum guidelines;
- Monitor compliance with Standards of best practice for international education;
- Serve as the primary emergency contact for emergency actions for students, faculty and staff abroad or in international transit.
Development and Marketing:
- Consult and advise undergraduate and graduate students (on selecting international programs which enable students to advance their academic, career, and personal goals;
- Consult with and advise faculty, staff regarding international study opportunities and address program issues;
- Advise international students and scholars on government regulations applicable to F-1 and J-1 Visas as well as general adjustment (i.e. employment/internship options, obtaining a social security number, staying in status);
- Serve as an active, case load member of the Campus Assessment, Response, and Evaluation (CARE) team which coordinates institutional support for students in distress, struggling with basic needs, and experiencing unexpected crises;
- Collaborate with campus partners to create programming that supports international students with their academic advancement, social and cultural integration on campus and in the local community including international student orientation;
- Provide support to campus wide events, student initiatives hosted in various venues. Serve on various committees as requested;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain relationships with global partners, while hosting partner and provider visitors;
- Collaborate with COF GEO Center and other COF colleagues;
- Represent the University in venues relating to study abroad and international student services;
- Serve as liaison to international study professionals at other institutions;
- Provide thought leadership and service to the field of international education through active participation, publishing and presenting in a variety of professional settings (ie. NAFSA,BASAA, Diversity Abroad etc.);
- Market international experiences.
- Serve as the PDSO (Principal Designated School Official), ensuring university-wide compliance with the Department of Homeland Security's Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)- immigration regulations as related to the F-1 student visa program;
- Partner with the Colleges of The Fenway Global Education Center in supporting J-1 Exchange Visitor Program participants;
- Ensure consistency of high standards for Simmons international programs;
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Required Application Materials:
- 5+ years of experience in study abroad and program management
- Extensive knowledge of USCIS regulations , policies, and SEVIS reporting requirements
- Knowledge of F-1 Student Immigration issues and related compliance /prior experience as a DSO or PDSO
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Experience working with faculty and advising students
- Familiarity with relevant information technology and software systems ( Terra Dotta, Workday, Starfish etc ) a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with others toward common goal, implementing policies and procedures to ensure safety abroad
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be either a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States, in order to serve as PDSO
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Director--Center-For-Global-Education_R07554
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |