Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
University of Bridgeport
University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport invites applicants for the position of University Registrar. Under the direction of the Vice President for University Systems, Effectiveness & Planning, the University Registrar serves as the primary custodian of student and former student academic record and is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of student records and registration.
The University Registrar works closely and collaboratively with other administrators and departments to ensure compliance to existing policies and procedures.
The University Registrar provides leadership and administrative oversight for the institution’s database management and strategic operational supervision of student records and registration, documents, and systems support.
The University Registrar is responsible for commencement and degree audit protocol.
Additionally, the University Registrar is an administrative leader, responsible for the implementation and maintenance of new applications of technology and upgrading/enhancement of existing systems while providing quality assurance and integrity of data.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in strategic planning activities, including leading and collaborating in university-wide initiatives
- Oversees collection, classification, management, evaluation, security, integrity, certification, and dissemination of student records in accordance with AACRAO standards, professional practices, and University policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements registration policies and processes in line with changes to academic and enrollment management policies. Identify best practices related to the areas of academic records and registration.
- Maintains educational data within systems including: the setup of new programs, the setup/updates of enrollment agreements, attendance corrections, incompletes and transfer credit requests.
- In conjunction with IT, safeguards academic information, focusing on data integrity, security, information flow, maintenance, developments, and enhancements as well as leverage emerging technology.
- Provides professional guidance and leadership related to “student rights to privacy” (FERPA), retention of records, security and management of student records, and information management.
- Supervises the storage and purging of paper files.
- Counsels students regarding academic records, registration, grades, enrollment eligibility, academic probation, and graduation.
- Oversees the processing of class rosters and grades.
- Works with office staff, Deans, and Department Chairs, in the preparation of the Class Schedule and Registration Guide for distribution to faculty, staff, and students.
- Generates reports that provides information to administration, faculty, and advising and governmental agencies as needed.
- Works closely with campus partners to ensure the provision of accurate and timely data for state, federal, and accreditation reports.
- Coordinates the successful execution of the Registrar plan components with administrative support staff at all instructional locations including distant education. These components include but are not limited to:
- Creation of course sections at least two months in advance of each semester;
- Ensuring timely registrations (input within 48 hours of request);
- Ensuring enrollment verifications are sent to NSC/Clearinghouse and all error reports are corrected. Creates a routine process to ensure compliance of same;
- Ensuring that all grades are posted to student records;
- Evaluation transcripts and graduation certification within two weeks of receipt of information for such evaluation;
- Ensuring diplomas are mailed to students within 30 days of graduation.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates personnel in the Office of the Registrar and serves as the budget control officer for the department.
- Develops training materials and implement a training plan that is used to ensure that staff responsible for plan implementation are knowledgeable and informed of all essential aspects of Registrar functions.
- Establishes a quality service evaluation plan to assess the level of performance of all service functions. Makes appropriate modifications to procedures, policies, and service delivery functions as indicated through the evaluation system or other resource mechanisms.
- Reviews and finalize the acceptance of transfer credits and interface with Admissions to ensure that they are posted to student records.
- Coordinates scheduling, to ensure that adequate space is available for classes, exams, and university and non-university functions.
- Processes loan deferments and verify enrollment and degree completions.
- Conducts Degree Audits and Post-Graduation certifications.
- In coordination with Events, oversees registration events and activities.
- Reviews update and ensure that the course schedule is available to students in advance of each pre-registration period.
- Develops necessary operational practices and processes to meet the needs of the University student base in a streamlined, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Performs related duties as necessary to support the University mission.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in Registrar/Student Records, Enrollment Management or higher education records related.
- In-depth knowledge of student information systems and experience working with records management and student information systems.
- Prior experience using Datatel Colleague
- Prior experience in a primary leadership role in the capacity of college or university Registrar
- Prior reporting experience in National Student Loan Data System and Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to students, faculty, parents, and others;
- Strong working knowledge of the standards of student recordkeeping practices in higher education;
- Functional expertise in the technologies of storage, retrieval, retention, archiving, and purging of records;
- A working knowledge and familiarity of FERPA policies;
- Understanding of computation and statistical reporting applications;
- Exceptional management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and effective communication across diverse groups of constituents, including students, parents, faculty, academic advisors, alumni, and other staff;
- Interest in, and ability for, problem-solving and long-term planning;
- Ability to initiate and nurture collaborative partnerships;
- Ability to professionally and effectively respond to customer complaints in person and by phone;
- Ability to maintain a motivated and team oriented attitude even under pressure;
- Ability to maintain staff morale and enhance customer service through positive team building efforts;
- Ability to proactively respond to the needs of a diverse student population;
- Ability to meet deadlines within time constraints.
Some evening and weekend work is required.
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, see https://jobs.bridgeport.edu/
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Annual Security and Fire Report reports are available at https://files.bridgeport.edu/public/Security/Annual-Security-Report-2018.pdf
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |