Full-Time Assistant Men's Basketball CoachJob Description
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a qualified highly energetic and ambitious professional to serve as Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach, who will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing assistance to the general operation of the men’s basketball program and other duties assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball coach.
This position will report to the Director of Athletics, but is supervised by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach. The successful candidate must support the overall philosophy and goals of the men’s basketball program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Ensure compliance with NAIA recruiting rules and regulations
- Assist with overseeing conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with Head Athletic Trainer to fully prepare students for competitions
- Enforce university and NAIA policies and procedures
- Promote academic progress of students through both grades and attendance
- Conduct fundraising activities and assist with approved fundraising activities as requested
- Help with day-to-day operations of film, session planning, and player meetings as requested
- Promote the philosophy and values of the Athletic Program and Marian University
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior Coaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility, and related functions
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and experience in coaching men’s basketball.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: