Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
ASSISTments UI Designer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
ASSISTments UI Designer
Computer Science I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
ASSISTments is looking for a talented UI Designer to create wonderful user experiences. Your role and work product are critical as we enhance our web applications and attract new users.
You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate wireframes and designs into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Ability to collaborate closely with product management, engineering, and UX designers.
- Conduct or participate in user research and evaluate user feedback
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions, which are based on an overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Keep yourself and the larger team updated on UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Three or more years of experience with web and web application design
- Strong portfolio to be presented during an interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/ASSISTments-UI-Designer_R0000715
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |