Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Marketing and Game Experience (34931)
Northern Illinois University
Northern Illinois University (NIU) is accepting applications for the position of Director of Marketing and Game Experience. This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits. This position will be responsible for directing the daily operation of Marketing & Game Experience, for assigned sports, in all aspects related to increasing attendance and ticket revenue at all ticketed events with specific attention to season, group, and single game ticket sales; as well as enhancing the pre-game and in-game fan experiences at all intercollegiate athletics hosted events.
The mission of NIU Athletics is to enhance the University, community and region through service and engagement while developing champions in the classroom, in competition and in life. With long standing traditions and core values centered on family, NIU Athletics is home to 17 NCAA Division I sport programs. Northern Illinois University, chartered in 1895, is a comprehensive teaching and research institution with over 17,000 currently enrolled students and houses seven (7) degree-granting colleges—Business, Education, Engineering and Engineering Technology, Health and Human Sciences, Law, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Visual and Performing Arts. Centrally located in DeKalb, Northern Illinois University is 30 miles west of Aurora, 65 miles west of Chicago, 36 miles west of Naperville, and 45 miles southeast of Rockford.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Associate Athletic Director/Collegiate Advancement & External Affairs, the Director of Marketing & Game Experience is responsible for oversight of all marketing, sales, and group plans to increase revenue generation for Intercollegiate Athletics for assigned sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Sales
- Serve as primary marketing coordinator for assigned sports.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and sales plan to maximize ticket revenue and spectator attendance for assigned sports.
- Develop and execute game experience plan for assigned sports, promotions and pre- and post-game activities.
- Assist in the creation of design elements including print collateral, social media graphics and other design elements as assigned, such as comprehensive Annual Reports and other booklets.
- Generate revenue and achieve season goals set by Sr. Associate AD/Collegiate Advancement and External Affairs. Performance will be reviewed quarterly.
- Liaison to community and campus organizations to enhance enthusiasm for the department and awareness of sports schedules.
- Assist with department special promotional events both on and off campus. Represents athletics at university committee meetings.
- Assist, as needed, development and execution of marketing plans by Graduate Assistants.
- Supervises student intern, volunteer staff, extra help, student employees as assigned.
- Cash Handling responsibilities — $5,000 to $10,000 annually; Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Associate AD/Collegiate Advancement & External Affairs.
- On-field liaison for promotions for assigned sports
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- One (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) (Civil Service)
Classification-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of recruitment practices.
- Knowledge of social media analytics, social media publishing tools, web analytics, and tracking technologies.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of media production, including social media platforms and efficiency of use, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, presentation software, spreadsheet software, video creation and editing software, web page creation and editing software, and analytical or scientific software.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Skill in producing live social media coverage.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skill in time management, organizing work assignments, and responding quickly and effectively to challenges.
- Ability to develop and execute marketing, and strategic communications plans to effect outcomes.
Specialty Factors (Civil Service)
Preferred Qualifications (Civil Service)
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated participation with outside community organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with fan engagement and game scripting.
- Familiarity with video board use/creativity
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites or other graphic design programs
- Sitting, standing for long periods of time.
- Nights and weekends depending on events/games scheduled.
- Lifting up to 50lbs.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |