The Director of Institutional Research manages the planning, implementation, assessment, and continuous improvement of activities related to institutional research and analytics. The Director will analyze comprehensive data related to the institution and the system to form actionable theory used for support of the institution’s Survey Research Initiative and the institution’s assessment, evaluation, and accreditation efforts. A crucial component of this position’s administrative oversight is to assess, manage/supervise, and develop a highly effective and efficient team that is collaborative and cross-functional as it is responsible for performance outcomes of 4-5 team members.
Further role responsibilities are:
- Plan, implement and manage the data selection, collection, warehousing, management, and analytics functions related to institutional effectiveness
- Provide critical and timely decision-making support to campus clients
- Establish, maintain, and assess collaborations with major administrative and academic systems within the institution
- Ensure timely and accurate access to institutional data to all clients
- Submit high-quality institutional reports, statistical summaries, and projections including, but not limited to, enrollment projections, budget analysis, athletic reports and analysis, faculty productivity analysis, etc.
- Plan, select content, and publish a variety of publications related to institutional research and analytics
- Track and share data related to strategic priorities and student success initiatives
- With leadership provided by the vice provost, contribute to and maintain the Unit website
- Serve as a representative on assessment and accreditation related councils