Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Vice President of Innovation & Growth
Vice President of Innovation & Growth
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a Vice President of Innovation and Growth to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by working closely with the President, COO and CFO as well as other senior team members to assess the viability of potential strategic programs and create and implement actions as appropriate. The VPIG will oversee the successful integration of new programs and entities to maximize the likelihood of success. This position will be responsible for putting in place the key performance indicators to measure and monitor progress, as well as implementation oversight of the related programs and initiatives to ensure successful outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
A – Larue Innovation Center
- Lead the project team, partnering with the CFO and other senior team members
- Manage the project plan/timeline, short-term and long-term. Manage and monitor project progress – set deadlines, track, enforce, report out. This is likely a 10-year development program.
- Create and manage project cadence (all constituents)
- Manage/oversee project team member performance (including third party partners that are not MU employees).
- Negotiate agreements and terms with business partners, developers, contractors, government liaisons, etc.
- Maintain relationships with business partners, developers, contractors, government liaisons, etc.
- MU’s liaison for all government matters (city, state, governing bodies, etc.)
- Business partner collaborations
- Bring currently identified opportunities to close
- Assess and pursue additional opportunities over the course of the project
- Engage community and neighborhood partners in the vision of the Larue Carter site. Ongoing community engagement in partnership with MU’s SVP.
- Work with President, COO, and Advancement team to ensure resources are secured to fund the project
- Work with the CFO to finalize the following:
- Facility plan
- Financial plan, including capital stacking
- Terms of MU’s property use
- Economic Impact Study
- Manage the project budget (due diligence and start-up)
- Oversee and manage the financial model (beyond start-up)
- Report out to leadership and the board.
- Oversee all compliance
- Ongoing operations
- Work with the CFO to create an operational business plan for the Larue site (name to be determined)
- Manage the ongoing operations of the property
- Report out to university leadership, board task force and committees, and the board of trustees
- Marketing of the property, where applicable
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Address and solve issues that arise
B – Business Development Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of new, modified or program expansions, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Assist in developing supporting strategies (Academic, Research, Financial, People, Technology, and Infrastructure) that are essential in program expansions, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with Marian University’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators, along with supporting strategic learning processes and systems, ensuring the KPIs are relevant, timely and accurate.
- Develop proposals in collaboration with internal and external colleagues and constituents.
- Provide oversight, management, and reporting of strategic implementations to ensure planned outcomes and deliverables are met.
- Advise senior leadership and external partners on issues and barriers to meeting outcomes.
- Address and resolve other opportunities that arise
- Graduate degree in business administration, higher education, or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of applicable experience, demonstrating increased responsibility
- Management experience should include direct supervision of employees, managing project teams and project resources.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, verbal and written communication skills, and experience in planning, evaluation, management, and reporting are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and background:
- Strategic, project management or organizational assessment experience
- An operational soundness with the ability to grow programs and work with people collaboratively to achieve goals.
- An ability to work well within and across a complex organization
- Capability to adopt a ‘high level view’, and balance multiple priorities, to identify opportunities for the institution to gain efficiencies and to further advance its mission.
- A senior level presence that inspires confidence and builds credibility with other senior level stakeholders from across various divisions of the institution.
- A thoughtful listener, strategic thinker, strong communicator and negotiator with unquestionable integrity.
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required application materials include a current resume, a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position, and the names and addresses of three current references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |